FORUMS: list search recent posts

Loss of image quality in imported QT movies

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Skarab
Loss of image quality in imported QT movies
on May 31, 2007 at 7:24:44 pm

I'm working on a project for my company, creating a tutorial to be burned on a DVD for viewing on computers. It's going fine so far and I've burned a couple of test discs to check my navigation.

The QT movies are technical animations, created in After Effects, rendered at 29.97fps and 720x480 aspect ratio. When I view them in QT they are a little "stretched" horizontally but the quality is good. Once in Encore, the aspect ratio corrects itself and they are the correct proportions.

However when I preview them in Encore (v2.0), and when they're burned to disc, they're extremely soft and fuzzy. The text looks cruddy and has artifacts, e.g., a cruddy sort of "drop shadow" effect along the top or bottom of the text.

I've created a custom transcode setting to tweak the bitrate, etc., but it hasn't helped.

All suggestions appreciated!

"I'm not half-insect, I'm half-human!"

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Loss of image quality in imported QT movies
on Jun 1, 2007 at 2:19:48 pm

Try exporting MPEG-2 from After Effects, then import that into Encore.

Return to posts index

Skarab
on Jun 1, 2007 at 2:38:37 pm

Thanks, Joe. It looks like we crossed posts. I've posted some screen shots, but I'll try your suggestion.

Thanks!

Gerry

Return to posts index

Skarab
on Jun 1, 2007 at 2:37:26 pm

I've posted a comparison of screenshots, one from the QT movie, and one from the monitor panel in Encore. It's at http://www.mooneyart.com/animationtests/screenshot_comparison.jpg

You can see that there's some image deterioration. I tried to get a screenshot of the rendered movie playing from the DVD, which is even worse quality than what's shown in the image I've posted, but couldn't get a shot without a screengrab utility.

I need to solve this image quality problem somehow. If it takes a different app I'd like to know that too.

Return to posts index

James Watson
on Jun 1, 2008 at 2:45:15 am

I'm having the exact same problem.

I'm exporting animation from Premiere Pro as 29fps MPEG-2 and the quality of the export is fine/the same as within Premiere. However, as soon as I import into Encore there are artifacts, shaking and an overall fuzzyness/blurred quality.

I've tried all different types of exporting, but it seems that the problem is with Encore since the exported Premiere files look fine. As soon as they are imported, the quality degrades. This is all

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]