FORUMS: list search recent posts

chapters

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john culleton
chapters
on May 22, 2007 at 9:14:21 am

is there any way to get accurate chapters points with MPEG2 instead of them landing on GOP headers? also any way of importing markers from Vegas?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: chapters
on May 22, 2007 at 9:18:01 am

No and no.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

john culleton
on May 22, 2007 at 9:46:37 am

any suggestions on what to render to in Vegas so Encore will transcode it and let me add accurate chapters then? i'm assuming chapters will be accurate if i transcode?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on May 22, 2007 at 11:04:22 am

The ultimate goal is to export from Vegas with as little quality loss as possible. So, in general, I recommend either an uncompressed .avi file, or an .avi file that uses a lossless codec like HuffYUV or Lagarith.

But if your source footage is DV, then exporting as a DV .avi from Vegas is fast, efficient and any quality loss it introduces will be negligible.

Once the .avi file is imported into Encore, you can set your chapter markers exactly where you want them. Encore will force a new GOP at the chapter marker when it transcodes the video.

If you already have timeline markers in Vegas that you want translated to chapter markers in Encore, the best you can do for now AFAIK is the pencil-and-paper export, noting the time of each marker.

HTH,
-Jeff

Return to posts index

john culleton
on May 22, 2007 at 2:18:09 pm

thank you Jeff, DV avi works fine, i'm doing some feelance work and this is not my main app so i need to figure a few things here

btw, why does Encore change text that i have entered in the menu when i link it? it adds the link into the text so i have to re enter it in properties???

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on May 22, 2007 at 2:49:39 pm

That's a feature known as "Sync Button Text and Name" and it's designed for an integrated workflow with Premiere Pro.

You turn it on or off by a check box in each button's Property panel.

You can batch select/de-select the option by using the Menus panel (not the Menu Viewer) to select all of the buttons in a menu, then setting the check box in the Properties panel.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

john culleton
on May 22, 2007 at 3:38:08 pm

yep that's better, i'm sure this has all been covered so sorry folks... last one for now, promise...

i have a movie with 10 chapters
i create a link to play the whole movie (just select 1st chapter)
i then create a playlist to play selected chapters BUT now the link to 'play all' plays the same as the playlist?

do i need new timelines for playlists then?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on May 22, 2007 at 4:08:19 pm

No. From where you are, it seems like the easiest thing for you to do is to give each chapter its own Chapter Playlist. That is, if you are trying to set up individual chapter playback with an automatic return to the menu when the chapter is finished playing. Link buttons to the playlists, and set the end action of each chapter playlist to go back to the appropriate menu.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]