FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore shows "untranscoded" on transcoded files

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dax702
Encore shows "untranscoded" on transcoded files
on May 22, 2007 at 12:31:21 am

I have three projects that I did a few months ago. Saved them because I knew I would need to make changes to the ROM content only (changing a PDF file) Today I open the first project, rebuild the image file, only took a couple of minutes. Next project I open, it starts trnnscoding and decides to ignore the transcode from the first time a few months ago. While I have it open, I go into the sources/transcodes folder and find the m2v and ac3 files just as they were a few months ago. I then close the project file, open it back up and the transcodes magically get DELETED by Encore. It makes no sense and it does not happen with every project but it is rather annoying to have to spend another several hours transcoding. Be nice to get this fixed somehow or if someone can shed some light as to why this happens. I checked the adobe.com forums and others have written about the same problem.

Return to posts index

dax702
Re: Encore shows "untranscoded" on transcoded files
on May 22, 2007 at 3:16:48 pm

Anyone know a solution to this? I have the third project open and it's showing one of three assets as transcoded, yet when I go to the SourcesTranscodes folder, all the folders for the videos are there and contain the transcoded files. How can I make Encore SEE these so I don't have to waste hours again?

Return to posts index

dax702
on Jun 5, 2007 at 4:18:00 pm

bumppppp, can anyone help me with this? I really don't want to transcode the whole thing again for no reason.......

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jun 5, 2007 at 5:26:45 pm

Why it happens? Good question. Have you moved, rearranged or otherwise done *anything* that might make Encore think the transcoded files aren't where Encore thinks they should be? It could be something as simple as having your project files on an external drive, then having the drive letter changed or reassigned by Windows when you plugged the drive back in.

I would try 2 things:

1. See if "Revert to Original" is available. It may not be because the asset status is "Untranscoded". If it is available, do a revert, then use the History list to undo. Save, close, re-open Encore.

2. Do a "Replace Asset", then point Encore to the transcoded file.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

dax702
on Jun 5, 2007 at 6:55:12 pm

Can't revert to original. But if I do replace asset of an AVI, with the M2V file that it transcoded, what about the audio? It transcodes the m2v and ac3 files separately? Or will it automatically pick up the accompanying ac3 file?

Return to posts index

dax702
on Jun 5, 2007 at 6:56:55 pm

actually wait, now the ac3 file is gone! WTF is up with Encore, it just chooses to randomly delete transcodes, @#%ing annoying

Return to posts index

Adam Henderson
on Aug 19, 2009 at 11:47:28 pm

Sorry to bump this but I'm having the same problem. It happens if I do something as simple as changing the end action on a timeline. All of a sudden, "Untranscoded".

Can anybody shed some light on this?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]