FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lost VOB/VTS DVD files??

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jkb242
Lost VOB/VTS DVD files??
on May 17, 2007 at 12:47:14 am

When authoring in Encore or directly from Premier Pro, where are the VOB and VTS files required by the DVD standard format located? I cannot find them anywhere and the DVD was produced successfully. Hopefully they are not deleted as soon as the DVD is finished as I might want them again later.

Please assist, thanks!

Return to posts index

David Garrett
Re: Lost VOB/VTS DVD files??
on May 17, 2007 at 9:18:03 am

Encore normally places the files in the "My Documents" folder, if you need to check the location then just compile your recent project and then look to see where Encore or Prem Pro is actually saving the project. You can specify a location of your choice in the compile window.

Return to posts index

jkb242
on May 17, 2007 at 1:18:19 pm

Thanks David.

I agree with you they should be saved where ever specified or where ever default location is chosen but I have searched after buring the DVD and they are no where to be found which I felt was quite strange.

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on May 17, 2007 at 1:31:13 pm

do you still have the burned DVD disc?, if you do then just copy and paste the VIDEO_TS folder from the disc onto a folder on the hard drive... then if you want to burn another copy using Encore then just open Encore and go to FILE > BUILD DVD > DVD DISC then change to DVD VOLUME in the SOURCE WINDOW and then navigate to where you stored the VIDEO_TS folder earlier..

Also try doing a windows search on your hard drive(s), thats if you remember the name of the project or folder...

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on May 18, 2007 at 8:22:01 pm

The VOBs and VTSs are written to the disc. If you want to save them for any reason, create a DVD folder on your hard drive.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]