FORUMS: list search recent posts

24p DVD

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MODuster
24p DVD
on May 9, 2007 at 2:46:08 pm

Ok, here is the situation I have. I have edited something in 24p in Avid that was shot on the DVX100A. Now I am wondering how I can export that and get it in Encore while preserving the 23.98 frame rate and make a true 24p DVD. I just dont want Encore to reverse it back to 29.97 during the encoding process. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Return to posts index

SSloan
Re: 24p DVD
on May 9, 2007 at 10:37:38 pm

If you encode your mpeg2 (in final cut, premiere, etc) and import it into Encore as it's orignal 23.976 rate - it will stay a 23.976 file. Though Encore shows it as 29.97, it's actually what you started with (encore won't re-code that file). I don't usually transcode with Encore, so I can't speak for it's ability to translate frame rates when it encodes.

Sort of any annoying technical aspect of Encore - I hope they change this in Encore 3.

Return to posts index

Jonas Bendsen
Re: 24p DVD
on Jan 18, 2010 at 5:42:51 pm

When encoding to 23.976 out of Premiere (so Encore isn't doing the transcoding), most often I get errors stating that there must be a space of "0" or greater than "0.4" in the time line. I think this has something to do with flag frames? I haven't hammered out the kinks yet, but from poking around on the web, there seem to be ways to make this work.

Just be aware that you have to do some tweaking to get 24p to work correctly with authoring a DVD in Encore. DVD's have to be 29.97fps, and then "magic" happens with the decoder (your DVD player) to make the DVD display 24p.

:::::::::::::::::::::
This is my life, I edit and edit and edit and edit...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]