FORUMS: list search recent posts

Menu problems & improper playback

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MidwestMonsters
Menu problems & improper playback
on May 8, 2007 at 5:12:46 am

I have 1 timeline with 5 chapter points. I want my 5 titles on the menu to link to each chapter point. "Title 1" to "Chapter 1" etc.

After each chapter plays, I want the DVD to return to the chapter menu. I thought I had it figured out and the Check Project showed no errors.

When I preview in Encore, it appears to function correctly. yet, when I burn the DVD and play it, the menu pops up correctly, I can select a chapter, but then the disc skips through all the chapter points and then stops! So, if I select Chapter 1 on the menu, it will skip through 2-3-4-5 very quickly and then stop the disc.

Suggestions for a correction? Or what the heck is going on?

Thank you

Return to posts index

George W.
Re: Menu problems & improper playback
on May 8, 2007 at 11:43:34 am

Which version of Encore are you using? You could use Chapter END-LINKS, or Chapter Playlists in Encore DVD 2.0

Depends on how you want your DVD to play -- if you need a PLAY-ALL, or if you always want to return to the menu after chapter play...

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

MidwestMonsters
on May 8, 2007 at 1:30:14 pm

I'm on 2.0 I do not need a Play All and always want it to kick back to the menu after each 10 minute chapter is viewed.

I'm also not familiar with the Chapter End-links function.

Thanks,
Jason

Return to posts index

George W.
on May 8, 2007 at 9:57:38 pm

Select a chapter, and under the Chapter properties set the END-ACTION to go back to the menu.

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

MidwestMonsters
on May 8, 2007 at 11:12:46 pm

After looking at my timeline further it dawned on me I haven't been clear in my descriptions. My timeline is NOT one large m2v/ac3 segement, I have 5 different pieces on the timeline with each segment's beginning being a chapter point. Is this an incorrect way to operate Encore?

I could encode all 5 into 1 piece, but didn't want to redo it if I don't have to.

My Chapter points currently are set as END Action -- Menu 1 Default

Thanks

Return to posts index

George W.
on May 8, 2007 at 11:20:46 pm

How about just creating 5 separate timelines (one for each video clip -- or Title). Then your menu buttons just link to the appropriate timeline, and the Timeline End Action goes back to the menu.

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]