FORUMS: list search recent posts

Nested menus

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
GarrettChristopherson
Nested menus
on May 4, 2007 at 4:25:49 am

I am in the market for some new DVD creation software, and I am wondering: Can someone create nested menus with each with multiple buttons (which would then direct the dvd to a certain video) in Adobe Encore. Is button placement determined by the user? Can I load .htm files into Encore for menus?

Return to posts index

David Garrett
Re: Nested menus
on May 4, 2007 at 4:35:51 pm

you can create "scene selection" menus in Encore (not sure what you mean by "nested Menus") and No, .htm can't be used for menus in Encore.

Return to posts index

GarrettChristopherson
on May 5, 2007 at 3:06:18 am

Well, lets say you have a main menu, with three options to select from (is it possible to create a customized menu?); one to play the movie, one to to choose scenes, and one for special features. Lets say we select the special features option. Can I create another menu that has another three options that will be seen when we select the one of the menu options from the main menu? I have a few more questions: How much does encore allow you to customize menus? Can you have as many menus as you would like? How much customization of the menu items is allowed?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on May 5, 2007 at 12:05:07 pm

You have the ability for almost limitless customization of menus in Encore because of its integration with Photoshop.

AAMOF, if you follow Encore's layer-naming conventions, you can create your entire menu in Photoshop - from scratch or by editing one of Encore's templates.

Adding the type of links that you want is as simple as adding buttons to the menu. The limit is 36 buttons per 4:3 menu, 18 buttons per 16:9 menu.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on May 5, 2007 at 12:06:20 pm

yes, you can do all that with Encore, as for creating customized menus then you would better using Adobe Photoshop for that, as this will allow you more creativity..

please feel free to check out the tuts on my website (http://www.doogs-tutorials.com/), these should be of some more help to you...

Return to posts index

GarrettChristopherson
on May 5, 2007 at 10:16:04 pm

Great, Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions. I appreciate it! Adobe Encore 2.0 is looking like a match for me. Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]