FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating Buttons and Loop Points in Motion Menu

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jo Hamm15
Creating Buttons and Loop Points in Motion Menu
on Apr 26, 2007 at 7:46:55 pm

I know how to create buttons and loop points in DVD Studio Pro, but I need to know how to do it in Encore... are the two programs anything alike? Do you need overlay layers for the buttons? If anyone can give me a few tips on this to get started, or a basic video tutorial I can view, that would be great. Thanks!

Return to posts index

David Garrett
Re: Creating Buttons and Loop Points in Motion Menu
on Apr 27, 2007 at 6:26:39 am

take your pic from here...(http://www.doogs-tutorials.com/)

Regards
Doogs

Return to posts index

Jo Hamm15
on Apr 28, 2007 at 2:46:15 pm

Ok... I looked at the tutorial, and had a chance to look at the program last night... so I see I can't import a video file as a menu, so it looks like I have to import my button overlay file as the menu, and link the video as the background... but I see that there are no loop points where I can tell it to start... so if I have a video file with the name of the buttons on it, and a button overlay file with a symbol as a selector, what's the easiest way to get the button selectors to pop up when the button names appear on the video file?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Apr 28, 2007 at 4:29:10 pm

The paradigm is different.

Encore menus are PSD files. To make it a motion menu, alt-drag a video file into the menu. Loop Point timecode can be set in Menu properties.

Return to posts index

Jo Hamm15
on Apr 28, 2007 at 4:42:58 pm

Thanks, that makes things a little clearer... the way I had it set up for DVD Studio Pro was I had the motion menu, which has the words animated (they fade in at about 30 seconds into the clip) and then I made symbols in a PSD document to act as my selectors, and then the buttons pop up at the loop point. All three are on the same layer... so it sounds like I have to slice them up into three different layers and import that file as a menu, then drag my video clip straight onto the menu viewer and set it as a background somehow, and then draw my buttons over the photoshop layers, and then set the loop point in the menu properties... is there anything I'm missing or not getting right?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Apr 28, 2007 at 9:09:44 pm

Selectors are button highlights in Encore, and are indicated with subpicture layers. Check Encore Help for how to create these layers in Photoshop. Buttons are also created in Photoshop (subpicture layers are within them)...again, check the Help.

Then you alt-drag your video clip onto the menu in the Menu editor in Photoshop, and set the Loop Point in the Menu properties.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]