Disable NTSC "mode"

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lothario
Disable NTSC "mode"
on Apr 26, 2007 at 7:48:39 am

Hello

I have the following problem:

If I create a PAL dvd in encore and edit the menu in photoshop, the image is 720x480 and not 720x576 (as specified in encore). No problems going back and forth between encore and ps, but it is a problem if I want to edit the menu in after effects, cause it opens the menu as a 720x480 composition, which when exported, can't be imported back into encore (cause it's set to PAL). How do I make encore export the menu to photoshop as a 720x576, ie disable ntsc mode?

Thx

Return to posts index

lothario
Re: Disable NTSC "mode"
on Apr 26, 2007 at 8:02:54 am

Oh, and I'm using Production Suite Pro 2.0

Return to posts index

John Rich
on Apr 26, 2007 at 12:44:52 pm

When you "edit in Photoshop", Photoshop creates a new file to edit in photoshop, so you aren't editing the original menu you made. Why the new file isn't PAL if it started out in PAL, I have no idea.

However, if you want edit in AE, you can go directly from ENcore to AE, at least in AE 6.5 (a selection from either Edit or Menu), so if it's PAL menu in Encore, it should be a PAL composition in AE.
John

JOHNR

Return to posts index

lothario
on Apr 27, 2007 at 6:52:20 am

Hmm, it should be PAL? Well, adobe says that encore doesn't fully support windows vista, so that might be it. Also the templates library is empty, so it might be a bad installation. I'll try to re-install, and if that doesn't work, then patiently wait for CS3 to come out.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Apr 28, 2007 at 12:24:53 am

You're thinking about it the wrong way. Whether you are in NTSC or PAL mode, you can import a PSD of any dimensions as a menu. Only on export to DVD will Encore scale the menu the standard NTSC/PAL size (on the DVD itself)

Obviously, your source menu is 720x480. I would propose that you Edit in Photoshop, resize it to 720x576, and then save it. From then on, this menu will be 720x576, avoiding the problem you see when you create a comp from the menu in AE.

Return to posts index

lothario
on Apr 28, 2007 at 9:50:58 am

Ok, that sounds right. I'll try it monday. How about pixel aspect ratio, is that something I should take into consideration?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Apr 28, 2007 at 4:27:17 pm

Yes, I should have mentioned that. PAR for PAL is 1.067.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]