REPLACING VOB????

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JM
REPLACING VOB????
by
on Apr 10, 2007 at 11:04:46 pm

Hey Guys,

I've just been asked by a client to do another version of a DVD I had produced for them. The DVD was huge with hundreds of slides as well as a video. The client only wants to change the video component of the DVD which would be easy if I had the original encore project...however, that was somehow lost in the backup process so now all i have left is an encoded DVD of the previous version. So my question, is there a way I can encode a new video file for the DVD and somehow rename that as a VOB file and replace it with the VOB in the old project...will that work? It would be really annoying to go back and re link those hundreds of slides.

Many thanks in advance.

USing Encore 1.5

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: REPLACING VOB????
on Apr 10, 2007 at 11:43:29 pm

Google for DVD Decrypter. The official site no longer exists, but there are several mirror sites available.

Use DVDD to rip the old DVD into .m2v and .wav files that Encore can use. Here is a link to my guide on how to do that:

Guide to using DVDD with Encore

You can then use as much or as little of the video from the old DVD as you want.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

JM
by
on Apr 10, 2007 at 11:59:53 pm

Thanks Jeff....I'm not sure how this will work as far as just replacing the VOB files...without actually going back into Encore. The DVD I have (Which was encoded and authored with Encore) with all the slides, menus etc, I no longer have the encore project for. So i just want to replace the video component of the authored DVD. I can do the encode of this new video in Prem Pro and then create VOB files...as you said in Decrypter, but then do I just replace the old VOB files in the already authored DVD with the new ones? Sorry if this isn't making sense but thanks very much for your help so far.

Cheers

Jason

Return to posts index

George W.
on Apr 11, 2007 at 12:11:24 am

I use VOBBLANKER -- it allows you to "replace" the video with a video from another DVD

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Apr 11, 2007 at 12:49:42 am

If you want to keep the menus, then DVDD won't work for you. I see that George has already chimed in with a suggestion.

If you want to use only freeware to do this task, then be warned it is not for the faint-of-heart. In fact, it may be faster to re-do the menus from scratch.

For about 50 bucks you can use DVDReMake. I think it will do what you want. Read the review here.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

JM
by
on Apr 11, 2007 at 12:53:01 am

Thanks for all the advice guys. I think I might just re-do the menus etc....shouldn't take too long.

Thanks Again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]