FORUMS: list search recent posts

Odd Chapter Mark Icon???

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Juliano
Odd Chapter Mark Icon???
on Apr 9, 2007 at 9:49:45 am

Hello
I did some reading here in the forum for a while and I haven't found any results. I also looked in the help files but it's late and I got lost :>P

I am using Encore 2 and when I add this one particular clip to my timeline, a chapter mark is created like usual but Encore also adds an additional icon to the right of it (square in shape with the chapter number). None of my other clips present this icon.

What's the scoop? Is this an indication of file size, format, etc... I can't figure it out, but I'm sure it's simple...

Thanks,
Tom

Return to posts index

George W.
Re: Odd Chapter Mark Icon???
on Apr 9, 2007 at 12:56:44 pm

Do you mean the chapter's "Poster Frame" which is the chapter's display frame in a thumbnail?

Sometimes when a clip fades in from black, I noticed the Poster Frame would be around the first frame after the black finishes fading in...

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

Tom Juliano
on Apr 9, 2007 at 7:50:52 pm

You know I thought about the Poster Frame. But this clip actually doesn't start or fade in from black. There is content in the frame.

Then again, the clip is dark with most of the content in the lower left of the first second of video. Perhaps it's dark enough for Encore to add the frame (thinking "why have a black chapter for the viewer").

It makes sense, but again this clip starts with content visible so... I'll double check it later tonight and get back to you.

Thanks,
Tom

Return to posts index

Tom Juliano
on Apr 10, 2007 at 4:29:01 am

Hey there,
Yep you were correct. It was the Poster Frame. Like I said, it was late :>)

I didn't think that the footage was dark enough for Encore to add the frame but obviously it was. After thinking about it, I adjusted the in point for the Poster Frame so that my menu image wouldn't be too dark.

Thanks again for the help,
Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]