FORUMS: list search recent posts

Jitters on action

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ozzymandias
Jitters on action
on Mar 29, 2007 at 11:42:31 pm

I'm working on a wedding video that was shot on 24p with a DVX 100b. I edited the show on Adobe Premiere, exported as a Microsoft DV AVI, and used TMPGenc 3.0 Express to convert to Mpeg2. At this point everything seems fine and the Mpegs look great when I watch them. But when I burn them to DVD and watch them on my TV (or via mounted image on my computer) I notice that there are these very noticable jitters when people move around. And when the camera pans or tilts the entire frame jitters. This is very significant and very distracting. I went into the Transcode settings in Encore and set the output to Progressive thinking that would solve it but there is no change. Does anyone know what I need to do so that the DVD plays the Mpeg2s the way they are on my computer?

Return to posts index

Ozzymandias
Re: Jitters on action
on Mar 29, 2007 at 11:51:14 pm

Actually I just noticed it's not transcoding at all in Encore (considering it's already Mpeg2 that makes sense). But this doesn't make any sense to me, why does it play fine when I run the Mpeg but all jittery when I play off the .ISO or watch it on my DVD player?

Return to posts index

David Garrett
Re: Jitters on action
on Mar 30, 2007 at 8:02:56 am

import the DV AVI footage into Encore and allow it to encode the video for you, it does a decent enough job.
The problem you are having could be down to the MPEG encoder that you are using

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]