FORUMS: list search recent posts

help! audio in the menu stops playing

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Santos
help! audio in the menu stops playing
on Mar 27, 2007 at 4:02:28 am

I edited my "still menu" in after effects. AE generated a 4 second .avi that I linked to my "still" menu. The actual still clickable menu, which has an audio background, has a 3 minute duration. When previewing, the audio stops playing after 4 seconds. I'd like the audio to play for the whole 3 minute duration of the menu. Is that possible? I'm reaching my deadline and it's keeping me from burning the discs. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Neil Wilkes
Re: help! audio in the menu stops playing
on Mar 27, 2007 at 6:04:31 pm

If this menu is set to Loop, then it is going to cut off as soon as the image sequence ends.
Please remember that in DVD-Video, you are always going to be graphically dominant, Audio Subservient.
This means that the image or movie or still is always the "lead" item.
So a 4 second AVI set to loop will play the AVI, then loop - and it WILL cut the Audio short at multiplex. There is no way to avoid this unless you do not want the menu to loop.
A possible workaround involves a little lateral thinking, and you could try this:
A - Set your menu to the full 3 minutes, including Audio by extending the final frame to go to the length of the Audio file.
B - Set the first 4 seconds to go into a still menu, with your 3 minute Audio file.
Set the end action of this still menu with the Audio to revert back to the initial 4 second video clip.

Return to posts index

Ryan Santos
on Mar 29, 2007 at 12:50:35 am

Sorry, I'm a bit confused with letter B. Can you explain it a bit further? Thank you very very much!!!

Return to posts index

Neil Wilkes
on Apr 1, 2007 at 12:40:50 pm

I'll try.
If I am reading you correctly, you want the full 3 minute Audio file to loop with your menu, yes?
Try this:
Menu 1 - The 4 second one that After Effects created.
Menu 2 - the final frame of the After Effects menu, as a still, with your full 3 minute Audio file.
Set the end action of Menu 1 to go to Menu 2, and set Menu 2 to loop.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]