FORUMS: list search recent posts

Delayed button

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
moldvarpan
Delayed button
on Mar 24, 2007 at 11:23:31 pm

So if you want to fade in a button you need to do that in Premiere or AfterFX, but then you're supposed to export your animation from Premiere or AfterFX as AVI??? Don't you loose your layer recognition, thus your button?

Regards.

Return to posts index

David Garrett
Re: Delayed button
on Mar 25, 2007 at 4:28:52 am

one way to do it is to create the fade in of your buttons one at a time in Premiere, then export this move and import into Encore. Set this small video file as first play and have it's end action set to go to the actual menu that has the buttons and highlights ,etc,etc

Return to posts index

moldvarpan
on Mar 25, 2007 at 10:18:23 am

Yes but there will be a "jump" when it goes from the first play video to the actual menu.

Regards.

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Mar 25, 2007 at 12:40:10 pm

depends if you are using video thumbnail buttons.... i completed a DVD last week where the layers faded in individually (all 16 of them) and then the text buttons faded in last and this all linked to the main menu and there was no jump at all...

Return to posts index

moldvarpan
on Mar 25, 2007 at 12:52:09 pm

And you faded in the text button??? In Premiere or AfterFX I assume? And imported it in Encore as Video background for menu?

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Mar 25, 2007 at 1:03:40 pm

well....not quite.....LOL i had to cheat...... I created the menu with all layers and saved this out as main menu, i then continued to work on the menu by taking the text out of the button folders and deleting these empty button folders along with any sub pic highlights. Then i saved this amended menu out as a .PSD file and called it first play.
Next I imported this first play menu into premiere as a SEQUENCE (this brings in all the .PSD layers as seperate layers) and then just dragged each layer onto the timelines and added transitions to the front end of each layer so as they would fade in at diff times.Saved this all out as .AVI when i was happy with the result.. and then imported as timeline into Encore and set it as "first play", and then linked the end action of this timeline to go to the REAL MAIN MENU complete with sub pic highlights..it all looked and played back flawlessly... and the customer was blown away with the menu,.......

Return to posts index

George W.
on Mar 25, 2007 at 1:48:11 pm

Some viewers *might* see a slight delay when it jumps from the FIRST-PLAY to the MAIN-MENU -- it would depend on their playback device (i.e. probably transparent on a computer, but in some set-top DVD Players, it might be noticeable).

After the buttons fade in, does the menu still have motion, or is it a still menu after the intro-motion?

A method that would avoid the possible pause would be to render out one long motion menu with the fading-in buttons as part of the menu. And you use highlight subpics for the menu buttons. If the buttons finish fading-in at the 10-second mark, then set the LOOP POINT for the menu motion to the 10-second mark. You'll have to decide what to do at the end of the motion menu (i.e. link to another menu, loop back around current menu, etc...). NOTE: if you loop back to the current menu, you will have to watch it from the start again (meaning all the buttons fading in again). You could "tweak" the finished DVD to bypass that intro section, but you would have to use an external utility (like IFOedit or PGCedit, etc...) to modify the DVD...

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

moldvarpan
on Mar 25, 2007 at 1:48:12 pm

Thanks a lot David for your feedback on this one. To see the problems you need to go through to fade in a text button, it makes you wonder though...

Best regards.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Mar 25, 2007 at 2:21:34 pm

You're missing the entire point on how this all works.

The menu remains in Encore. You're using a video background to show the buttons fading in. Use the menu Loop Point property to indicate at what timecode the button highlights appear.

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Mar 25, 2007 at 2:29:14 pm

here is a video tut showing you how the loop point method works with After Effects and Encore.. (http://www.absolutevideosolutions.com/videosamples/AEmenutut.wmv) 24MB download..

Return to posts index

George W.
on Mar 25, 2007 at 3:11:21 pm

The Tutorial talks about the "delay" between the FIRST-PLAY and the MAIN-MENU. And it brings up a good point about menu background audio -- you cannot have a continuous audio stream with the First-Play approach...

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]