FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore 2 simple menu needed, but confused

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jlietz
Encore 2 simple menu needed, but confused
on Mar 23, 2007 at 11:08:28 pm

Hi,

I've been a user of Ulead DVD Workshop, but have recently had a need to use Adobe Encore 2. Suffice to say, they are vastly different user interfaces and I'm totally confused! I have successfully created a timeline with video, audio, and subtitle tracks. All I need to do now is add a simple menu with 3 buttons: Play, Subtitles On, and Subtitles off - but I just can't figure it out. Can anyone give me some guidance? Or does anyone know of a good tutorial (one that applies to Encore 2) showing how to make a menu with buttons?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Encore 2 simple menu needed, but confused
on Mar 23, 2007 at 11:15:55 pm

Find the "Library" tab. Search through each of the categories to see if there is a template that you like. If you limit the search to menus only (leftmost icon above the item list), you can make searching easier.

If this is the first time you've used the Library, then changing categories will cause Encore to initialize each category for you, which will take a few minutes for each one.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

jlietz
on Mar 23, 2007 at 11:20:32 pm

Thanks. I'm using the trial version for now, so there is only 1 template available, which contains 6 chapter buttons. I am assuming that there is a way to reassign the buttons though. How do I do that?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Mar 23, 2007 at 11:30:32 pm

Find the Properties panel. Make sure the Project panel is open and you can see both panels at the same time. The Link control has a swirly icon on its left side. That's the pickwhip. Click and drag it to the timeline that you want as the link for the button.

Encore's Sync Button Text and Name feature will automatically rename the button for you when you create the link.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Mar 24, 2007 at 9:50:14 am

if you are looking for video tutorials then look here (http://asvideoproductions.com/doogs/downloads.htm)
if you hear audio but see no video then you will have to download the techsmith codec, there is a link for the codec on the site.. hope these help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]