FORUMS: list search recent posts

Continuious Menu

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony Hartis
Continuious Menu
on Mar 22, 2007 at 1:34:08 am

I hope someone can help me out. I've been doing basic authoring with Encore for a couple of years and never had a need for a more advanced menu. I have a client that wants to have a slideshow of paintings along with 3 different audio tracks for the viewer to choose. I picture a transparent menu with 4 buttons at the bottom for the 3 sounds and "no audio". I skimmed through some of my books and found basic authoring. Can Encore do this? If so, can someone please tell me how to achieve this or inform me of a tutorial? I would greatly appreciate it as I have to get a quote out asap. Thank you.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Continuious Menu
on Mar 23, 2007 at 2:01:46 pm

Yes Encore can do this, fairly simply too.

Create your video and import into timeline.

Now take your 3 audio tracks and import them as assets. Right-click timeline will bring up the option to add audio tracks. Add 3, for a total of 4 tracks.

Now link all 4 buttons to that timeline. Click each button, go to the link pulldown and click specify link. This will bring up a menu so you can pick which audio track the timeline plays.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
http://www.ckandco.net

Return to posts index

Anthony Hartis
on Mar 24, 2007 at 3:29:13 pm

Thanks for the info John. I understand what you're describing. However, your way has the buttons on a main menu or a sub-menu that you have to return to. My client wants these buttons continually displayed at the bottom of the frame while video is being viewed to give easy access to audio buttons. What kind of (transparent?) menu does this? I've seen little menu box overlays with options on dvd's in a corner of the frame, so I know it can be done. I just don't know how or if Encore can. Thanks.

Return to posts index

George W.
on Mar 24, 2007 at 9:12:49 pm

I *think* you are describing Buttons Over Video (BOV) -- but even they would have some limitations during playback of a Title. Encore DVD 2.x doesn't have a BOV feature, so not sure how you could do this using Encore...

btw -- I believe the HD Authoring formats (eithe HD-DVD and/or Blu-ray) will allow for more "interaction" during Title playback -- is that where you might have seen this technique implemented?

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Mar 26, 2007 at 12:13:53 pm

Okay, I see what you are saying now.

Unless someone knows of a better way to do this, the only thing I can think of would be to build this in menus.

Say you create a main menu. You select video no subtitles. This then switches to a new menu, with the video actually placed as the background, then you could have your buttons still active on top of the video.

Of course this method could only be used if the videos are not so excessive that the menus go over the 1gig limit.

Possibly this could also be achieved in Director, but I'm not familiar with that software at all.

Good Luck

Return to posts index

George W.
on Mar 26, 2007 at 12:30:01 pm

The thing that's not clear is whether the OP wants to have the video "continue" from the point of pressing a button (to change audio), or whether starting the video from the beginning is ok (but with a different audio track).

For instance, when trying to use menus, it will start at the beginning of the menu...

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]