FORUMS: list search recent posts

Create DVD duration...

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kirash4
Create DVD duration...
on Mar 12, 2007 at 5:23:57 pm

Last night I tried to create a DVD from within Encore and it took almost 45 minutes to burn one disc. The disc is almost full (there's only 11 MiB left on it), it contains 2 ~50 minute videos on it plus a 20 seconds First Play, and a menu. Everything had been transcoded prior to creating the disc. Encore started burning almost immediately after I told it to create the disc, so I know there was no delay there. The machine itself wasn't doing anything else at the time, all background tasks were gone (well almost all), there's plenty of HD space (over 100 GiB on the drive where the project lives) so there really wasn't anything, that I can think off, that could've slowed it down. I'm just wondering if this is the expected duration or not. With some 50 discs to burn, that's a long time to have to sit through.

Return to posts index

kirash4
Re: Create DVD duration... More Info...
on Mar 12, 2007 at 9:22:05 pm

I forgot to mention that the writer is a Memorex 16X DL. The last project I did was a 20 minute show with 1.6 GiB of ROM data added. Those discs burned at about 8 minutes each. So, is it because of the amount of data?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]