FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Copy Protection

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
woowho2000
DVD Copy Protection
on Mar 12, 2007 at 5:13:55 pm

Is there a setting in Encore that will allow me to burn a DVD and keep someone from copying that DVD?
Thanks for the help in advance

Return to posts index

kirash4
Re: DVD Copy Protection
on Mar 12, 2007 at 5:29:08 pm

Not from within Encore. While Encore does allow you to specify that option in the Disc Properties, it won't actually create the disc with the protection on it. Duplicating outfits pay royalty fees for the protection. I *think* you can create a DLT image of your project with the protection and then hand it to the duplicating place.

But I'll leave that for someone else to expand on, as I'm not 100% sure.

Return to posts index

Neil Wilkes
on Mar 13, 2007 at 9:31:39 pm

You cannot use any form of copy protection on any form of written media.
Written media works in sector sizes of 2048 blocks, but encryption uses 2054 block sizes.
You must either
A - Write to a DLT tape, or
B - Write to a folder, and import this folder into a DDP capable application where you can add Copy Protection & write the master on DDP-DVD or CMF-DVD.

CSS is free, and all you add are flags that the replication house sorts out.
Macrovision requires the authoring house to be licensed, carries a setup fee & a per disc royalty.
ARcoSS has a setup fee & a per disc royalty, but no flags need setting. Just tell the replication company you want it.

Return to posts index

Neil Wilkes
on Mar 13, 2007 at 9:32:29 pm

EDIT.
I lied - sort of.
You can use CSS/Macrovision (If Licensed) when creating a DDP or CMF image to DVD-ROM, but the disc will not be playable.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]