FORUMS: list search recent posts

transcoded avi file showing untranscoded status

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dax702
transcoded avi file showing untranscoded status
on Mar 8, 2007 at 3:40:08 am

I just built an image file but need to make some changes (add an AUDIO_TS folder (anyone know how to do this?) and add ROM content. I navigated down to the "transcoded" folder and the m2v and ac3 files were there, but now there gone! Does it have to re-transcode everytime I want to build (even if no changes are made to the timeline, etc..?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: transcoded avi file showing untranscoded status
on Mar 8, 2007 at 3:50:57 am

No need for AUDIO_TS folder (see previous post).

I don't understand- you transcoded and built, and now the transcode file(s) is gone?

Return to posts index

dax702
on Mar 8, 2007 at 4:02:09 am

Correct! I do remember seeing the two transcoded files in there at one point, but now when I look in the transcodes folder, it's completely empty and I didn't empty it.. As far as the AUDIO_TS goes, it doesn't need to be there for tabletop player compatibility issues or anything?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Mar 8, 2007 at 4:18:40 am

I've never heard of the missing transcode files problem. Never has happened to me.

No, you don't need an AUDIO_TS folder. That's an urban legend (which was that some very early first generation players required it), but this has never been proved, and the DVD-Video spec doesn't mention it. And if it was required, it'd be in the spec.

Return to posts index

dax702
on Mar 8, 2007 at 5:45:31 am

Thanks; yeah I cannot explain what happened to the transcoded files either. I guess I have to transcode all 2 hours of it again =(

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]