FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Encode invalid MPEG2 problem..

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
yesbutton
Adobe Encode invalid MPEG2 problem..
on Mar 7, 2007 at 11:38:31 am

Hi everyone,

new to this forum, so excuse me for jumping straight in and asking a question..

i have an mpeg2 that imports into encore fine and it even starts burning fine. but it stops and an error message pops up saying it's an invalid mpeg.

so i've been researching the problem online and have dug deep, but now my technical knowledge is getting limited when i start looking at Q-levels and bitrate in bitrate viewer etc. I thought it was a bitrate problem, but using bitrate viewer, the peak bitrate is 4611 which is acceptable in encore's 9mb threshold? but the q level is pretty high in its peak of 22. but anyway here's the parameters but as i say, i'm finding it hard to analyse them.

Num. of picture read: 88835
Stream type: MPEG-2 MP@ML CBR
Resolution: 720*576
Aspect ratio: 4:3 Generic
Framerate: 25.00
Nom. bitrate: 4000000 Bit/Sec
VBV buffer size: 112
Constrained param. flag: No
Chroma format: 4:2:0
DCT precision: 10
Pic. structure: Frame
Field topfirst: Yes
DCT type: Frame
Quantscale: Linear
Scan type: Alternate
Frame type: Interlaced
Notes:

bitrate: current 4003, peak 4611, average 3904
q level 6.77, 22.00, 7.20

andy

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Adobe Encode invalid MPEG2 problem..
on Mar 7, 2007 at 2:16:55 pm

Hi Andy,

Was it transcoded originally with ProCoder? If so, try re-transcoding as Field-based instead of Frame-based. Let us know what happens.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Mar 8, 2007 at 11:57:28 am

Like Jeff I'd also suspect that you forgot to use the correct interlacing options when transcoding. This would at some point bring the control stream/ time code out of sync. and cause problems.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

yesbutton
on Mar 13, 2007 at 11:09:10 am

sorry i haven't got back to you guys sooner. yeah we're still trying to sort out the problem. the people who supply the software for capturing have responded back saying they've managed to author a DVD using a program called "TMPGenc DVD Author".

I'm using a trial version and it does seem to be burning, but i'm really reluctant to use a program i've never heard of and neglect encore.

have you guys got any experience with this software?

Return to posts index

Ken Gullette
on Oct 29, 2008 at 1:18:54 am

Hi,
Here's how I fixed this problem when it happened to me tonight. I remembered that I had another problem on an earlier DVD and searched the Internet for a solution.

Tonight when this error happened to me (invalid mpeg) I went to the folder where I had rendered the mpg2 video from Adobe Premiere and I deleted the extra .ximpses file that was created in the folder. For some reason this extra file causes trouble but you don't need it.

After deleting it, I went back to encore DVD and it not only created a disc image, it burned the project onto DVD with no trouble.

Ken
http://www.internalfightingarts.com

Return to posts index

Yecid Benavides
"Stream type is invalid" problem solved
on Jan 19, 2010 at 12:24:47 pm

Ken,

Thanks for your post. I know it's been well over a year since you posted, but it was very helpful. It solved the problem. You're right. Just delete the .xmpses file that carries the same name as your mpeg file and THAT'S IT. There is no harm in doing so and it works when you import it to Encore.

Again, thanks.

Yecid Jr.

Return to posts index

Colleen Kampf
Re: "Stream type is invalid" problem solved
on Jan 21, 2010 at 9:43:07 pm

I am so glad I found this thread, I just had the same issue, first time ever though, and your solution worked. Just wanted to say thank you for preventing a bigger headache =) .

Return to posts index

Pap Prior
on Jan 26, 2013 at 6:39:27 pm

I too had this same problem, and deleting that file fixed it. Amazing how stupid these programs can be working with each other.

Thank you for taking the time to post your fix, it helped me out a lot!!

God bless.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]