FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hold frame on end of a timeline untill cued...

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christof van Niekerk
Hold frame on end of a timeline untill cued...
on Mar 4, 2007 at 3:24:39 pm

How can I author my disc so that the last frame of a timeline is held untill cued to continue onto a next one... not just immediately follow the end-action.

I'm authoring a disc for a live award ceremony.
Basically while the person moves to the front of the auditorium, I show on-screen what the award was for... now I want the sequence to end & hold on the last frame (person might be doing a speech on stage etc.)... before I cue the next award.

I've tried going into a menu (with the previous sequences' last frame as background), but this transition isn't smooth. Surely there's a better way? (than having a timeline & menu for each award??)

Please Help

Return to posts index

wonder_bob
Re: Hold frame on end of a timeline untill cued...
on Mar 5, 2007 at 11:00:13 am

This functionality is extremely easy on old "DVD Authoring Systems" like Sonic DVD Creator.

I have also been trying to get this done on Encore, but with no success.

I tend to fire up the old beast every now and then for "simple" authoring jobs like the one you mention.

I am interested to see whether there is a solution to this.

Return to posts index

Christof van Niekerk
on Mar 5, 2007 at 1:16:01 pm

Thanks for the reply ...

Will give Sonic DVD Creator a squiz... anything that offers a solution to my problem at this point.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Mar 5, 2007 at 7:45:59 pm

Not that I know of. Technically you are setting a pause/ freeze frame command from within the stream itself (similar to enforced subtitles). Since Encore does not support any of these more advanced features, it may be out of the game.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

wonder_bob
on Mar 6, 2007 at 8:49:05 am

Well, you probably wont find any Sonic Creator systems available anywhere. They have been out of production for quite a while. Mine is about 8 years old. And back then they cost a small fortune.

Where are you located?

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Mar 7, 2007 at 3:32:02 am

no other way in Encore but the way you described in your original post... timeline to menu with pic of last frame...

Return to posts index

Christof van Niekerk
on Mar 7, 2007 at 9:10:22 am

I've resorted to looping a still at the end of my timeline using chapters' end actions.

Now I need a way to cue exiting this loop & moving on to a next timeline. Is there any "physical remote" button I can assign this to (preferably other than menu)?

I'm sure "menu" button will work, but I'd prefer to use like a "skip" or "next" sort of thing.

Sorry if this isn't too clear...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]