FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD - Game hmmmm...I wonder how to do this......

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
johnperry9
DVD - Game hmmmm...I wonder how to do this......
on Mar 3, 2007 at 6:34:43 am

Ok, I thought about something and wanted to see if you top notch guru's could assist me in my quest of knowledge. I am trying to create a dvd "game" sort of like the dvd game Deal or No Deal but instead of picking a suitcase, players would take turns picking one of 20-25 cards laid out across the screen. The screen then would fade out and then would fade back in showing the message, value, or graphic. My question is, how would I set it up to randomly return the values. I don't want it where if someone always choose the top left card, it always says "winner." I know the screen that shows the cards laying face down is not important because I could set each card up as a button pointing to an end result, but I am trying to figure out how to mix up the values of the cards. I posted this on gamedev 2 days ago and got NO response, so I decided to take it to the masters, lol. Thanks everyone for you help. You guys really are great.

People can take almost everything from you, the one thing they can't take though, is your education.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: DVD - Game hmmmm...I wonder how to do this......
on Mar 5, 2007 at 7:33:39 pm

Not with Encore you don't. What you are trying to do requires massive scripting which is only doable in Scenarist, DVD Studio Pro and DVDLab. Basically you would use different sub-pictures and button sets and make them "live" depending on a previous choice. Within the button sets, everything would more or less have a fixed routing, so your game would always take the same route after only a few cycles. In your your scenario have far too many cards to make it believable. Even if you only had 9 or less, it would be pretty predictable after a while and not appear random at all. Compared to the effort required it's simply not worth the time required to implement it in the first place. If I were you, I'd ditch the idea.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

R. D. Hamilton
Re: DVD - Game hmmmm...I wonder how to do this......
on Mar 14, 2007 at 2:47:10 pm

I just finished using DVDLab Pro to complete an interactive quiz for a kids fire safety DVD. I am not a programmer, and was able to do it quite easily. The questions were all random (random 5 for each level), and if they answered 8 in a row correctly, it goes to a screen giving them a secret code to enter online to win prizes.

Ever since I bought this software (it isn't that expensive) I rarely turn to encore for anything. Too buggy.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]