FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD playback issues on various makes of players

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tooleyoclock
DVD playback issues on various makes of players
on Mar 1, 2007 at 9:25:14 pm

So, I am having some playback issues with a Wedding DVD I made. I authored this DVD on Encore 1.5. There is about 4.3G of content. I burned it to a Fuji DVD-R disc. I also have put fullface labels on the DVDs.
When I play the DVD, my basic menu seems to work just fine. When I select a video clip to play it will play for a couple seconds and then start stuttering and even give me some crazy looking green artifacts.
What's the deal?
Oh, and its kind of intermitent. In fact, this issue happened on both of my parents 2 DVD players but then when I came home it worked fine on my Samsung. But, another project has had similar playback issues even on my player.
Any ideas?

Return to posts index

R Summerfield
Re: DVD playback issues on various makes of players
on Mar 2, 2007 at 2:43:34 am

I had the same issues with several different DVD-R brands including Fuji DVD-R's. I switched to Taiyo Yuden DVD-R's and have not had any more problems.

R Summerfield

Return to posts index

tooleyoclock
on Mar 2, 2007 at 4:53:24 pm

Well. I guess I'll give that a shot. Thanks for the response.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Mar 2, 2007 at 8:56:00 pm

Remove the labels, too. They are known to cause playback problems with recordable DVD.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Mar 5, 2007 at 8:10:09 pm

Like the others suggested - change the brand. Fuji are not particularly reliable. We use Verbatim and TDK all the time without problems. And yeah, get yourself inkjet printable raw media and stay away from the stickers. Under today's cost pressure for the manufacturers, the sealing layers are so thin, you can be certain to damage it this way or warp your disc.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]