FORUMS: list search recent posts

encore -> eDVD?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MReilly
encore -> eDVD?
on Feb 28, 2007 at 3:48:40 pm

Need to make a disc with links to the web, i've downloaded the tutorial from dvdmakers that really helps. However here's my confusion, (i should add that I don't yet have eDVD so if this is really really lowbrow I apologize) I make my dvd in Encore, then I save as a folder, bring into eDVD, add the weblinks. Now what? Can I make a dlt or image (for disc makers) from eDVD? or do I need to bring it back into Encore again? Sorry if this is confusing.

Return to posts index

Neil Wilkes
Re: encore -> eDVD?
on Mar 1, 2007 at 5:19:30 pm

Not owning eDVD (It has all but vanished completely, as Sonic have completely discontinued it owing to the fact it will not work at all in Vista) So this is assumptions based on reading other people's posts.

You create your usual DVD with Encore.
Then make a folder as your final export.
Then load this into eDVD for the weblinks & enhancements
Then you would need to create a DLT from the altered version.
Usual way would be to launch Encore, go straight to "Make DVD Master", and select the modified Video_TS folder as the source for the DLT - and do not forget to point Encore to the correct ROM folder either.
Then you can create your DLT.

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

MReilly
on Mar 1, 2007 at 5:51:22 pm

thanks, I think this will really help. (In the process of getting my hands on a copy of eDVD. prospects looking grim)

Does anyone (in case I can't get ahold of this thing) know of a program that would add weblinks? I know dvd studio pro does, is there a way to do the same sort of thing there? open my video folder in studio pro, add links, save as folder, back into encore?

just checking....the reason i'm not using studio pro to make the dvd originally is that i've had nothing but bad luck getting my menus and text to look good. Everything always comes out fuzzy and really broken...

Return to posts index

Troy Murison
on Mar 4, 2007 at 7:12:24 am

Just FYI- I recently went through this using DVD Studio Pro. The links are anything but consistent with working/not working, even on a Mac. Always simulates well, but even on the same machine with a burned disc, it often doesn't work. Tried on several machines. I knew that this would be the case going in from everything I've read, but it was even worse than I had hoped for as far as compatibility. As for actually setting it up in the program, it's really easy though, so at least I didn't waste a lot of time! :)

-Troy Murison
Seattle, WA

Return to posts index

Neil Wilkes
on Mar 11, 2007 at 11:47:10 am

DVDSP is a ghastly application for all it's "advanced" features, and this is IMHO caused by the Abstraction Layer getting in the way (As are most authoring problems that are not pilot error).
It fudges the specs in several areas, this being one of them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]