FORUMS: list search recent posts

Please Help! Dolby Digital Audio problem + video stutter on DVD

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
videographic
Please Help! Dolby Digital Audio problem + video stutter on DVD
on Feb 26, 2007 at 4:27:57 pm

Hello,
I am trying to build an Encore project and have come across a couple of problems.

1. Ive tried to keep everything under 7MBps overall as per a suggestion somewhere on a board. To do this Ive been trying to encode with Dolby audio at .22MBps and CBR video at about 6.7MBps. Everything would be all well except that I get weird audio glitches and clicks even in preview (did not try building a DVD disc). I tried reinstalling the AC3 codec and this did not do a thing. I then went on to using PCM audio and CBR video at 5.7MBps or so. This worked with no glitches but is not ideal in my mind.

2. In any case, I felt this was better than glitches. Now my previews ran great in Encore (no stutter, no glitches, just perfect!) I burned some discs and they run great on a DVD player but stutter (video and audio) in my computer... Im a hair away from going mental on my computer.

I had original 24p source footage (this was given to me and ive never used 24p footage before) and edited in Premiere but exported as DV AVI with the DV NTSC compressor at 29.97 fps

As a side not, ive noticed that lately (always?) Encore fails to shut down properly. The Encore process is still there (if i ctrl-shift-delete) and is taking up 50% of the processing power???

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Please Help! Dolby Digital Audio problem + video stutter on DVD
on Feb 27, 2007 at 7:16:45 am

Well, if it's only on your computer, then it's most likely a configuration problem with your sound chipset/ card. The clicking and stutter would indicate that somehow your audio is played out of sync and downconverted in realtime (which your system seems unable to cope with). I would check the settings of the DVD-Player software, something is most certainly wrong there. If all else fails, turn off hardware acceleration completely and switch to plain old Stereo (that's assuming your player software is configured to expect surround or something). I'd also check the config of your DVD-drive. Encore hanging on exit and your stuttering problem point to a recent change in system configuration and problems with the ATAPI system.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

videographic
Re: Please Help! Dolby Digital Audio problem + video stutter on DVD
on Feb 28, 2007 at 2:27:06 am

Thanks, ill try this tonight!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]