FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fade Highlight

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sandman26
Fade Highlight
on Feb 22, 2007 at 9:42:48 pm

I am using Encore 2.0

This is what I got so far. I have a movie that plays in the background of my menu. I set the loop so the button highlights come into play. At the end of the duration the video fades into black. What happens is the background video fades to black and the two highlights stay active on a black screen. My problem is how do I get the button highlights to fade also?

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Fade Highlight
on Feb 23, 2007 at 7:05:10 am

You cannot add sub-picture fades to menu buttons. You have to change the way you are doing this. The simplest way would be to shorten the sub-picture duration until the point where the fade begins.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

sandman26
on Feb 23, 2007 at 8:00:46 am

I have looked through every setting, how do you shorten the sub-picture duration?

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Feb 23, 2007 at 11:11:12 am

or, you could create a small .AVI in your NLE OR AFTER EFFECTS whereby you can import the menu and then keyframe the opacity of the subpicture highlights and then add this into Encore and use it as a TRANSITION, this should give you a better idea of what i mean (http://asvideoproductions.com/doogs/Encore%202.0%20tutorials/basic/encore2%20tut002.zip)

Hope this helps

Return to posts index

sandman26
on Feb 23, 2007 at 5:55:19 pm

Is there a way to add a transition at the end of a loop? Say if no one presses a button can you have the whole menu fade to black? Right now the background video that consists of, play, scene section, and extras all fade to black. I just need to highlights to fade also. It is done on most SNL DVDs.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Feb 23, 2007 at 7:02:39 pm

[sandman26] "It is done on most SNL DVDs."

What do you mean by SNL? Encore does not support subpicture transitions (and it's not a standardized feature, so not all players support it in the same fashion, anyways) and that is that, as they say. You have to cheat as per David's suggestion.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Feb 23, 2007 at 6:57:20 pm

Sorry, my bad, was thinking of Scenarist's timeline.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

sandman26
on Feb 23, 2007 at 8:12:24 pm

Sorry, it means Saturday Night Live. I did the cheat as Dave suggested, but it only works when you hit the play, scene selection ect. not on the end of a loop. Where can I find the sub-picture duration? I would like to try that but can't find it.

Return to posts index

John Rich
on Feb 24, 2007 at 1:35:11 am

I don't think there is a subpicture duration control.
I may be wrong, but it seems you want to have a moving background that loops in your original menu, but completely fades out at the end of the loop. If so, you have to leave the subpicture highlight layer out of each of the buttons, ie no )=1) type layers and make a fake selection type graphic for the first button. Then in AE your background will include this graphic and it can all be faded out at the end only to reloop.

If you want to move to the next button ie from play all to scene select, while the background is playing, make sure the second button is set to autoactivate, so it goes to an identical menu, which now has the graphic on the second menu. Dave Garrett has several tuts on how to do this.
You need one menu for each button you have, but the selection graphics can be much nicer.
I hope this helps, but it looks complex when I re-read it.
John Rich

JOHNR

Return to posts index

sandman26
on Feb 24, 2007 at 5:29:00 am

Do transitions have a minimum duration or can they be as short as you would like?

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Feb 24, 2007 at 8:28:43 am

they will be as short or as long as the video file you are using..(i think ;-) )

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Feb 24, 2007 at 1:41:03 pm

I think button transitions (Encore 2.0) can be as short as 1 GOP. Transitions that are in their own timeline should not be shorter than 2 seconds. You may be able to get away with timeline transitions that are at least one second in length, but you need to experiment to be sure.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]