FORUMS: list search recent posts

JEFF!!! one more question

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MReilly
JEFF!!! one more question
on Feb 22, 2007 at 9:31:33 pm

eek! i know i've used up my quota for help here, but i'll do something good for the world to pay it back...

thanks again, all your help --helped! solved all the issues i was dealing with. but now something else has happened.

all my video files are really REALLY pixelated with green flashes everywhere and they might in fact cause seisures.... i tried transcoding at both NTSC DV High quality, 7mb, 2 pass and progressive high quality. neither looks any better than the other. should i set it to automatic? i just don't know if that's the problem.

(also, all video is mpeg video, made in avid, nothing longer than 2 min)

thanks

thanks a mil,

MReilly

Return to posts index

MReilly
Re: JEFF!!! one more question
on Feb 22, 2007 at 10:00:08 pm

more info:

when i look at the video in quicktime or windows media player it looks great, but once i import it into encore it has the green death. so it seems unlikely transcoding is at fault since that happens later (??)

i've imported the same files into dvd studio pro and sonic dvdit without issue.

thanks a mil,

MReilly

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Feb 23, 2007 at 3:56:23 am

Is Procoder involved in this at all? Here's a post from the Adobe User-to-User forums:

We just completed and delivered a project that was 227 minutes long, containing 31 videos all encoded using Procoder. After much grief, lost time, and worry that our project or encodes were corrupt because of this problem, here's what we learned. When you play back the videos in Encore, the playback engine doesn't like Procoder encodes. So at the least you'll see frames of weird, pixelated green, especially at the end of the video. At the worst you'll get the error message and lockup.

The good news is, this is just a playback issue and has nothing to do with the integrity of the project or the video. We continued to build and master the project, and we had no problems creating our glass master and replicating 20,000 DVDs.

On one of the videos, it would lock the project as soon as I tried to put it in the timeline. All we did was go back to it in Premiere, and tweak the opening fade and/or closing fade, re-encode it and then no problem. We found that just re-encoding alone didn't solve the problem. We also found with the problem videos, if we tweaked something in the edit and re-encoded it, that it would often solve the problem with that video.

By the way, Premiere Pro 2 uses the same playback engine and will also lockup if you try to play your Procoder encodes in that version of Premiere.

Plus, if you are importing DVD-compliant MPEG video into Encore, and it meets Encore file format and frame size restrictions (check the Help files), then you should *not* be able to transcode it again in Encore. A second transcoding of MPEG video that is already transcoded will result in a horrible generational loss of quality.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

MReilly
on Feb 23, 2007 at 2:15:51 pm

no, we're not using procoder, however this does sound like the same problem. we've been using sorenson, and i think we'll try a test out of TMG, and also a test into after effects, exporting, then into encore.

i'll let you know how these look

Return to posts index

MReilly
on Feb 23, 2007 at 2:47:55 pm

ok, recompressing in sorenson 4.3 as mpeg2, with preset: Use for dvd from HD.

this is the setting that has worked perfectly in other programs, hopefully i just imported weird the first time. i tried bringing one of the videos into after effect as a test and it wouldn't even let me. so something's going on.

will update

thanks a mil,

MReilly

Return to posts index

MReilly
on Feb 23, 2007 at 3:44:51 pm

ok, i don't wanna jinx anything. but the new video files out of sorenson, with THE EXACT SAME SETTINGS, seem to be working. knock on some serious wood here. i'm using the "replace asset" function, and the new ones look good. so barring an emergency this might *might* be solved.

however, i have NO IDEA why this time it's working, which is almost as equally frustrating...

again, you're a lifesaver (and a jobsaver...)

thanks a mil,

MReilly

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Feb 23, 2007 at 3:50:44 pm

[keeping fingers crossed]

Just a random thought - did the source material into Sorenson change at all between attempts?

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

MReilly
on Feb 23, 2007 at 4:03:45 pm

yeah, we were wondering the same, but i'm about 95% sure we're using the same reference files.

thanks a mil,

MReilly

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]