FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing from After Effects> Encore

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MReilly
Importing from After Effects> Encore
on Feb 21, 2007 at 10:22:08 pm

Ok,

so i've made a 30 sec animation in after effects that I would like to use as my main menu background. However we don't have the suite yet, so dynamic link isn't an option. Everytime I try to either import the file as a menu it won't work, and will only import as an asset and I can't seem to set a simple asset as my menu background.

I know this is probably fairly straight forward, however i'm starting to see double with this one...

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Importing from After Effects> Encore
on Feb 21, 2007 at 10:33:16 pm

If the asset you are importing is a video file that you exported from After Effects, then Alt+Dragging the asset to the menu while it is active in the Menu Viewer should work.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

MReilly
on Feb 22, 2007 at 3:25:42 pm

thanks, this got my video onto a menu background. however when i preview to see my motion, the left 2inches of the screen are black and cut off.

any ideas? i tried to export from after effects at 720x540 but it wouldn't import that way into encore, so i had to resize as 720x480. could this be related?

thanks

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Feb 22, 2007 at 4:34:02 pm

What's the PAR of the comp in AE? What codec did you use to export?

Typically if there is a PAR mismatch, then you see distorted images, not cut off images. So the PAR issue may not be relevant. But it is worth checking into because your initial import attempt at 720x540 indicates that you used square pixels in, or exporting from, AE.

The codec may be more important. Some codecs like DivX can do odd things in Encore.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

MReilly
on Feb 22, 2007 at 4:54:12 pm

Ok, i'll give you what i know:

exported from AE as .avi, render settings: best, full res. uncompressed. should i be exporting as quick time?

i think the missing section has resolved itself (i don't know why) and it looks like my video won't play as a background. but that might just be the preview. burning a test dvd right now.

also, is there a better way to manage the flowchart than what's automatic? if i try to rearrange the thumbnails the pickwhip gets crazy and tries to super connect everything. can i dissable it to organize the flowchart?

thanks,
megan

p.s. sorry to overload, can only the video/audio assets be transcoded at a high setting? or can i set the entire disk? or the menus?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Feb 22, 2007 at 5:55:38 pm

[MReilly] "my video won't play as a background"

You must render motion menus before they preview (File>Render>Motion Menus). Your test disc should play OK because the menus will get rendered when the project is built.

Your existing export settings should be OK.

[MReilly] "if i try to rearrange the thumbnails the pickwhip gets crazy and tries to super connect everything"

Press the M key or click on the Move tool in the toolbar.

[MReilly] "can only the video/audio assets be transcoded at a high setting? or can i set the entire disk? or the menus?"

Menu transcoding is fixed. You can change the transcode settings for audio and video assets. If you create a slideshow (Encore 2.0), then Encore will transcode the still images as single I-frames instead of MPEG video. Transitions between slides and slides with pan and/or zoom will be transcoded as MPEG video.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

MReilly
on Feb 22, 2007 at 6:00:46 pm

Jeff, you are amazing.

Really, I don't know if y'all get enough praise as moderators, but seriously. Life saver.

Return to posts index

MReilly
on Feb 22, 2007 at 6:19:57 pm

p.s. sorry my questions are pretty basic. this is the 4th dvd authoring software i've had to learn for work in the last 2 weeks, and everything is starting to blur together...

also, the help menu's ok, but sometimes you just need the shortcuts..

really probably going to buy your book

thanks a mil,

MReilly

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Feb 22, 2007 at 6:57:51 pm

Thank you for the kind words.

No apologies necessary for basic questions. One can usually tell when someone mostly knows what they are doing, but can't make it work in Encore the way they think it should be done. (My book should help out a lot with stuff like that) :-)

-Jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]