FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore 1.0.1 freezes when attempting 'File...Build DVD...Make DVD Disc'

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle Schneider
Encore 1.0.1 freezes when attempting 'File...Build DVD...Make DVD Disc'
on Feb 21, 2007 at 5:23:16 pm

I have searched the posts here at COW and at Adobe.com; did not find anything similiar to my issue.

PROBLEM: I create the project and the preview looks great but when I go to 'Build DVD...Make DVD Disc', Encore freezes and Task Manager shows 'Not Responding'. I successfully burned two DVD's (each time after changes had been made to the project). However, during the second one, I experienced this problem but after I uninstalled and re-installed Encore, I was successful. I went to burn a third time after making changes and I experienced the same problem. It does not get to the window defining the DVD drive type and project settings; it just freezes.

Facts:
-Computer: High-end duo core processor computer with 2GB memory and two 500GB drives
-DVD drive: Sony DVD RW 830-A
-Encore 1.0.1
-Uninstall/re-install is not working this time
-Computer is new and dedicated to digital video editing so there is not any garbage-software on it
-I have created new project with a basic menu and video and it still freezes, so it does not appear to be a project-compnent issue

Anyone else ever experience anything like this or have any thoughts about this?
Any help, insights or thoughts on this are greatly appreciated!
By-the-way, the project was due at 9am this morning ~8-[

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Encore 1.0.1 freezes when attempting 'File...Build DVD...Make DVD Disc'
on Feb 21, 2007 at 8:00:08 pm

What OS? Any 64-bit versions of XP or Vista on that duo-core box? If so, revert to 32-bit Windows XP.

Is your Sony burner updated with the latest firmware? Even if you bought it yesterday?

It's also possible that an old version of Encore (1.01) just can't communicate properly with the new Sony burner. Possible conflict: that burner supports DL discs, and Encore didn't support DL until version 1.5.1.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]