FORUMS: list search recent posts

internal software error while trying to build a DL DVD can anyone help?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Earley
internal software error while trying to build a DL DVD can anyone help?
on Feb 20, 2007 at 2:16:55 am

I get the following message while attempting to burn a dual layer DVD.
internal software error:.VobulatorTitlePlannerCGOPGrouper.cpp, line 401
The project is about 7.2GB. I built a big project full of menus. I tested it on preview mode and it works just the way I would like it to. However it won't build the disc. Thanks for any info you might be able to contribute, I am not really sure where to start.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: internal software error while trying to build a DL DVD can anyone help?
on Feb 20, 2007 at 7:09:36 am

Mmh, that's indeed a edebug message only intended for the original programmers. My guess is that it's having difficulty to split your stuff ins sensible VOBs and allocate a layer break.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Earley
on Feb 20, 2007 at 1:54:39 pm

Thanks for the info. I think you are right. I have tried again from another computer and it gave me pretty much the same message but the problem now is with the BlockPlanner instead of the TitlePlanner. Do you think I can decide the layer break manually? If so, do you know what the best way to do is? Thanks again,
take care.

Earley

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Feb 21, 2007 at 6:55:41 am

Yes, you could place the layer break manually. I never have done that in Encore, but according to the help file it should be as easy as picking a suitable point in a timeline. In other programs it needs to be calculated based on multiples of the block size (2048) and then correlated to the size of the streams/ VOBs manually, which is a major pain.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Earley
on Feb 21, 2007 at 1:56:28 pm

Thanks a lot Mylenium. I apreciate all your help. Let ask you just one last question, which should settle this issue for me. I have created pretty much a timeline per clip, or per link in my menus. I never intended to have a play all button, so that works for what I am trying to do. Now, would I have to put everything in one timeline in order to place the layer break manually? Or can I do this even with multiple small timelines? By small I mean 5 minutes or less in most cases. Thanks again for all your expertise.
Take care.

Earley

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Feb 21, 2007 at 6:53:52 pm

It doesn't require any special preparations. It does not affect the playback of the disc (except for the small "hiccup" when switching layers), only the order and size of the VOBs and IFOs the authoring program creates to distribute the stuff across layers. In your case you probably simply would put it at the beginning or the end of a timeline. No need to create an extra timeline just for that.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]