FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD-Rom Content won't load

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nelson
DVD-Rom Content won't load
on Feb 19, 2007 at 5:18:28 pm

When I go into the Disc Properties tab and try to add DVD-rom content to my disc, it won't work. I Browse for the folder, highlight the folder and click "OK." Encore then shows my DVD-rom content as "not set," as if I didn't even pick a folder. Does anyone know a fix? This worked for me in the past.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: DVD-Rom Content won't load
on Feb 19, 2007 at 6:56:08 pm

Your DVD-ROM content should be placed in its own folder, then choose the folder in Encore for your DVD-ROM content.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Feb 19, 2007 at 6:56:09 pm

Your DVD-ROM content should be placed in its own folder, then choose the folder in Encore for your DVD-ROM content.

Return to posts index

Nelson
on Feb 19, 2007 at 7:47:13 pm

I did this; I know of the strange quirk Encore has with disregarding the main folder and only looking at the sub-folders.

I know now that this is simply another dumb glitch Encore has - I simply started a new project, successfully linked to DVD-rom content, and re-built the disc. Then, it worked fine. Has anyone else run into this?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Feb 19, 2007 at 7:59:28 pm

Which version of Encore are you running?

Return to posts index

Nelson
on Feb 19, 2007 at 8:00:24 pm

I'm running 2.0

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Feb 19, 2007 at 9:09:09 pm

Very interesting. If you have a way to reproduce the problem, I am all ears. :)

Thanks,
Joe

Return to posts index

Gene Colburn
on Feb 28, 2007 at 4:43:18 am

Joe.
For what it is worth, I have seen this as well. You can't load the content until you exit encore, and then reopen. Then everything is fine. It is reproducable on my system here as well. No matter what folder or subfolder you try and add, you can not do it until you exit and reopen. The funny thing is, it does not happen on all projects I have tried it with. There are not that many I want to add content to though.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Mar 5, 2007 at 6:13:16 pm

If there's a reproducible way to get Encore into this state in the first place, I'd be interested in the details.

Thanks,
Joe

Return to posts index

dax702
on Mar 8, 2007 at 12:11:56 am

I'm not sure if I'm having the same issue or not. I put a PDF file in a folder called MUSIC and selected it as my ROM content folder. I then built an image file and then burned it to disc with ImgBurn. When I explored the disc, there was no MUSIC folder. I have PowerISO which will let me just add the folder to the image file. Will this work or will it cause any kind of dvd specification problems? What do you mean by exit and reopen?

Also, I noticed when I went into my project, that the avi files are still showing as not transcoded yet even though they have been.. Why is this?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Mar 8, 2007 at 2:21:15 am

[dax702] " put a PDF file in a folder called MUSIC and selected it as my ROM content folder...When I explored the disc, there was no MUSIC folder."

That is correct. But there should have been a PDF on the disc at the root level.

If you want to include a folder in the ROM content, then you must put the folder in a parent folder, then select the parent folder for your ROM content in Encore.

Return to posts index

dax702
on Mar 8, 2007 at 3:23:32 am

It must be me but I'm missing entirely what you mean here. When I burned the ISO file that Encore created, there was no MUSIC folder and no PDF anywhere to be found on the DVD. Something else I just noticed actually is that Encore didn't put an AUDIO_TS folder in the image file either.

What do you mean by "put the folder in a parent folder, then select the parent folder for your ROM content in Encore."? parent of what? Are you saying that the ROM folder needs to be in a certain place in the root directory of the drive I'm working on? Can you provide an example?

F:projectsproject1MUSIC (and this folder contains the PDF)

The folder where the .ncor project file is located is:
F:projectsproject1dvd_workproject1.ncor

Are you saying that the MUSIC folder needs to be a subfolder of dvd_work.. As you can tell I'm super lost here..

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Mar 8, 2007 at 3:49:39 am

[dax702] "Something else I just noticed actually is that Encore didn't put an AUDIO_TS folder in the image file either."

You don't need an AUDIO_TS folder unless you are authoring to the DVD-Audio format. Encore authors to DVD-Video only, and DVD-Video requires only a VIDEO_TS folder, not an AUDIO_TS.

Parent folder = containing folder. In other words, if you want to add a file to the ROM content, you put it in the folder, and then choose the folder in Encore for the ROM content. If you want folder1 full of files to be added to the ROM content, you put folder1 inside folder2, and choose folder2 for your ROM content.

Capisce?

Return to posts index

dax702
on Mar 8, 2007 at 3:59:18 am

Nope, still does not make sense and I'll tell you why. I have written specific instructions on the inside cover of the DVD for customers to access the ROM content. Basically just telling them to go to Windows explorer, explore the DVD drive, and click on the MUSIC folder and the PDF file is in there.

The first thing you said is exactly what I did originally: "if you want to add a file to the ROM content, you put it in the folder, and then choose the folder in Encore for the ROM content." I have one file that I want in one folder called MUSIC and it did not work, there was no folder or PDF anywhere on the finished image/DVD.

Then you went on to say "If you want folder1 full of files to be added to the ROM content, you put folder1 inside folder2, and choose folder2 for your ROM content." Does that only apply if there's more than one file? You're saying that I need to have the MUSIC folder inside another folder if I intend to have a bunch of files in the MUSIC folder, right? What if I just want the one PDF? Also, what would I call that parent folder? Should I call them both MUSIC?

This is what I NEED to have for the final DVD

D:
MUSIC
VIDEO_TS

Sorry I'm having a lot of trouble understanding this..

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Mar 8, 2007 at 4:22:58 am

It's very simple:

On your PC, put 'MUSIC' folder inside another folder named 'ROM' (it could be named anything).

In Encore, select 'ROM' folder as your DVD ROM folder. When you build a DVD, the structure will look like this:

DISCNAME -
MUSIC
VIDEO_TS

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Mar 8, 2007 at 4:25:07 am

Maybe this represents the path better:

DISCNAME
+ MUSIC
+ VIDEO_TS

Return to posts index

dax702
on Mar 8, 2007 at 5:54:40 am

Oh, one last thing; I have to do three DVDs with the ROM content, for this first one, I went ahead and used PowerISO to just add the MUSIC folder to the ISO and burned it, it played fine in my tabletop player so that one should be fine (I don't want to transcode again), correct?. Odd thing was that the ISO with the ROM content turned out to be just a bit SMALLER bytes-wise than the ISO without the ROM content. Don't know why that is, but again, it worked fine in the player. But for the other two, I will try what you said about the parent folder.

Return to posts index

dax702
on Mar 9, 2007 at 12:09:00 am

Just wanted to say thank you for helping me with that ROM issue. I did the 2nd DVD today the way you described with the parent folder and it worked famously! The MUSIC folder and PDF is in the ISO file =)

Return to posts index

dax702
on Mar 8, 2007 at 5:46:56 am

Ooooooooooh ok, now it makes total sense now. Thanks! Does it matter at all where the ROM folder is in relation to the project file or it could be anywhere?

Return to posts index

forkart
on Apr 3, 2007 at 1:00:08 pm

You can try using magiciso to add files to iso file,then burn iso file to dvd.
http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/miso-burnwin.htm

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]