FORUMS: list search recent posts

Slide Show of more than 99 slide duration

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jonesey
Slide Show of more than 99 slide duration
on Feb 19, 2007 at 4:17:02 pm

Howdy...New to this product ...Need to make a slideshow for a wedding of about 250 slides..
I know that I can make several different slide shows but obviously would prefer to hit play and have the thing in one package with various songs -- one of which is longer than 99 slides.
Also, is there any way to fade in the first slide and fade out the last slide?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Slide Show of more than 99 slide duration
on Feb 19, 2007 at 6:54:55 pm

99 slides limitation reflects the 99 chapters per timeline limitation of DVD-Video. Chapters are important as they are the only way to quickly navigate from one slide to the next.

You could try adding all of your clips to a timeline (I believe it will hold 255 stills, but again, you are limited to only 99 chapters per timeline. Another limitation of this method is that your images can't have transitions added. One variation of this would be to put your images together in Premiere or your NLE of choice, and then export an AVI for use in Encore.

Also consider linking multiple slideshows together with different music fading in and out of each.

Finally, to add transitions at the head and tail, import a black still and use it at the beginning and end of each slideshow.

Return to posts index

jim
Re: Slide Show of more than 99 slide duration
by
on Feb 21, 2007 at 3:06:23 am

I don't have Encore on this machine, but I think you could make more than one slide show and then make a playlist.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]