FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cache files

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mohamed
Cache files
on Feb 16, 2007 at 2:56:57 am

I'm using ENCORE DVD2 and my project size 3.6GB I had less than 40 GB free space, I tried to build image file, it took over an hour building at the end I got error volume is full. I checked space on hard drive I found it full.. I'm freeing more space on hard drive,,, but I noticed that the size of Cache file inside the source file is 34.6 GB
my question is can I delete the cache files.. and would that affect my project. I often get out of memory error.
would I save more space if I build dvd direct to disc. please.
thanks

Moe

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Cache files
on Feb 16, 2007 at 7:40:04 am

Have you considered transcoding the sources first? Encore will place backup copies of your original files in the source files folder plus MPEG-II transcoded versions. That's of course going to kill a lot of free space.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Mohamed
on Feb 16, 2007 at 10:23:31 am

ok, i will try again, and transcoding the sources first, but..is it ok to delete the cache files,,, as they are so big 44.2GB.
and if its ok,, should I delete the whole of cache file or delete Media Cache Files which it is inside the cache file.
thank you

Moe

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Feb 16, 2007 at 8:26:09 pm

Only delete the media cache files. Don't tamper with the xml files and the other small files. Encore is able to rebuild a DVD even without them, but some things might get lost (chapter markers, overrides).

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]