FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multi-program DVD

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dmcaudio
Multi-program DVD
on Feb 13, 2007 at 9:00:18 pm

Ok, I have a question for the cow community. I have a 3-part talking head DVD project that lasts about 1 1/2 hours total. I did some bitrate tests and it seems to fit on a single layer DVD just fine with decent quality. What I want to do is have a straight play all main menu, and a sub-menu for each of the three parts with play entire segment and chapter select options. My questions are thus: What would be the best way for me to do this? 2. Would I still be able to fit this on a single layer DVD with minimal additional quality loss?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Multi-program DVD
on Feb 13, 2007 at 9:36:00 pm

Which version of Encore?

Return to posts index

dmcaudio
on Feb 13, 2007 at 10:18:25 pm

Sorry, forgot to include that minor detail. Encore 2.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Feb 13, 2007 at 10:59:06 pm

The best way to do this is in Encore 2.0 using playlists and chapter playlists.

Have a playlist that contains all the timelines in the order you want to play when you Play All, and set up chapter playlists that are specific to each timeline (i.e all chapters in timeline, or just a single chapter). Set the appropriate end action for each playlist and chapter playlist (usually Return to Last Menu).

Link these playlists/chapter playlists up to the appropriate buttons and you should be good to go. If your menus are not motion menus, this will add only a few hundred kilobytes (a miniscule amount on DVD) to the size of your project.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]