FORUMS: list search recent posts

Digitized Logo

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kdawg
Digitized Logo
on Feb 11, 2007 at 4:23:09 pm

I made an animated logo thru after effects, then added sound thru premier pro, made it into an avi. And I am burning a dvd thru encore 1.5. The video is almost an hour long with the logo. (dont know if being pressed for space takes away from the animation) Everything on the DVD looks fantastic except for the 20 second logo I made. The original copy works good, but trying to make copys the logo has glitches (the original one took like 3 tries for encore to get it right). I may end up bringing it with the first clip of the dvd into premier and combinbing them into one.

Return to posts index

SkylineAtlanta
Re: Digitized Logo
on Feb 11, 2007 at 9:00:03 pm

[Kdawg] "Everything on the DVD looks fantastic except for the 20 second logo I made. The original copy works good, but trying to make copys the logo has glitches (the original one took like 3 tries for encore to get it right)."

K,

Do you mean the logo on the DVD that you burned with Encore looks fine, but a copy of that original stutters during playback? Were the copies done by Encore or by another app? The more detailed you can be in your description, the better help you can receive here.

- David

Return to posts index

Kdawg
on Feb 12, 2007 at 12:17:19 am

Oh, encore burned it properly after 2 other dvds were glitching. The third one works fine. Yes I used nero to make copys like I always do, and those had a different glitch, but still only in the logo portion, nothing else. So I am now burning all copys thru encore. Seems to be working. I only have to make 30 copys so not a big deal. Just was wondering why, if it is just an avi file would the anamation glitch, but not any actual video? Or is there an answer?

thanks

Return to posts index

SkylineAtlanta
on Feb 12, 2007 at 12:30:03 am

Can you ellaborate on the glitch? Does it not play smoothly? Does the picture break up into pixels?

It may have nothing to do with the original logo animation, per se. If the encoding is VBR and if the details in the logo animation portion of your video are pretty extensive, it could drive the bitrate up out of spec (if the upper bounds of the VBR bitrate is set too high). BUT, that would be the case regardless of how the encoded files were burned.

If you've got a workflow happening for now, it's no longer an issue as you said. For future work, you may want to check into the Nero settings.

Hope this is helpful.

- David

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Feb 12, 2007 at 12:35:53 am

If you're not using Encore 2.0, earlier versions of Encore did not support the "optimize stills" setting from Premiere when used in an AVI.

If you have an earlier version, re-export to AVI from Premiere with "optimize stills" unchecked in the AVI export settings.

Return to posts index

Kdawg
on Feb 12, 2007 at 1:56:47 am

Yes, thanks for the quick replies. I will check that setting out Joe.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]