FORUMS: list search recent posts

Project Cleanup

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
KirAsh4
Project Cleanup
on Feb 11, 2007 at 12:57:32 am

I just noticed that Encore has a 'Sources' folder where the project lives and in it are all the various test menus I've gone through while working on a project. Images and menus that are no longer used anywhere in the project. It also contains, what appear to be, video clips, again of stuff that's no longer used - they were imported at some point for testing purposes, then deleted out of the project.

Is there some way to clean up this folder? PremierePro has a Project Manager feature that allows me to create a new folder with all the currently used assets pulled in, but I can't seem to find something similar in Encore. I really don't feel like archiving all this old stuff.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Project Cleanup
on Feb 11, 2007 at 1:50:58 pm

No, not really. What you can do is to delete all files in the sources and cache folders, then open the project and have Encore build the DVD again. The references and previews will appear empty and have the missing item icons, but once you re-open such a project, everything will be okay and Encore has re-created all the source files and caches.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Feb 11, 2007 at 3:47:11 pm

Tread very, very carefully here, especially if you have a version of Encore before 2.0. Even if you have Encore 2.0...

Also note that if the original assets are gone, deleting the contents of the Sources folder will cause everything to be offline until you relink to the original assets, if they are still available.

Safest course of action is to do a SaveAs of the project, and then do any housecleaning on that version of the project, checking along the way to verify that the project is still intact, but at its smallest possible size. Once you have something that is satisfactory, archive that.

Return to posts index

KirAsh4
on Feb 11, 2007 at 3:53:34 pm

It's Encore 2.0. And I did do a Save As, under the assumption that it will only save those assets being used. Boy was I wrong when I looked in the Sources folder again. So it sounds to me like it's a manual job. Why can't Adobe be consistent in their applications? Ugh.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Feb 11, 2007 at 4:02:35 pm

[KirAsh4] "Why can't Adobe be consistent in their applications?"

Different product teams, and some products with a much longer history, thereby having the opportunity to add more esoteric features such as project management.

At this stage, project management as a feature of Encore isn't any where near the top 10 feature requests. Maybe it will be in the future? Make sure to file your feature request at Adobe's website.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]