Fade in Menu Text / Menu Transitions

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bassabus
Fade in Menu Text / Menu Transitions
on Feb 9, 2007 at 12:21:26 pm

Hi!

Iam a German - excuse me :P

I want to create a menu wich looks like many menus from dvds you can buy.
The DVD should start with a short intro video and at the end of this video the buttons fade in and become selectable. I did realise it with a video whose endaction is a menu created in photoshop. But the jump looks pretty dirty. Is their a cleaner way?

Part 2. If I want to create a menu-transition, do I always have to create a transition video between the menus (and like them up versus endaction)?

Thanks a lot

greets
bassabus

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Fade in Menu Text / Menu Transitions
on Feb 9, 2007 at 4:23:07 pm

You should create a motion menu that has the entire video you want to play before the "menu" appears, and use the Loop Point menu property to activate the button highlights at the desired timecode.

For part 2, if you have Encore 2.0, you can add button transitions that will take you from the menu to the timeline. You create the transitional video in Premiere or After Effects, and then apply it as a transition to the button.

Return to posts index

bassabus
on Feb 13, 2007 at 7:51:58 am

Hi!

I tried managing looping the menubackroundvideo at the last frame, but encore ignores it - it needs at least 10 frames.
Can you give me an exact example how you would do it? Maybe a link?

Thanks a lot
bassabus

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Feb 13, 2007 at 1:43:51 pm

In AE (or whatever program you used to make your menu background video), add 30 seconds to one minute of just the static portion of your menu (after all of the graphics, text and buttons are in place).

Then set the loop point back to the beginning of the static portion.

Use the .psd copy of the menu as a target link when the audience returns the menu from a timeline or another menu.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

bassabus
on Feb 13, 2007 at 4:05:41 pm

Hi!

I had the same idea too. Is this the professional way of doing it? The way film-dvd-menus are made?

Thanks
bassabus

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Feb 13, 2007 at 5:09:57 pm

The idea is the same, the execution is the same, but most commercial DVDs will have some kind of background video and audio going on the whole time the menu is displayed, even after the buttons are in place.

Then it is up to the DVD author to decide if he wants the audience to be returned to the original copy of the menu (with introduction) or a second copy of the menu (the part after the buttons and graphics are all in place).

Commercial DVDs will also have button transitions going from a menu to a timeline, or from a menu to another menu.

Hope this helps,

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]