FORUMS: list search recent posts

need help regarding encode and author my dvds in realtime!!?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jason8873
need help regarding encode and author my dvds in realtime!!?
on Feb 7, 2007 at 3:25:04 pm

I currently use Adobe encore to author my DVDs. I need a program that allows me to quickly encode and author DVDs virtually in realtime without going through the full authoring process immediately after I shoot an event so I can offer dvds to the client right after the event. Is there something out there that does this?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: need help regarding encode and author my dvds in realtime!!?
on Feb 7, 2007 at 4:23:14 pm

If your processor is fast enough, Encore can encode in close to real-time. I've encoded 90 minutes of video in about 100 minutes on my PIV 3.0 GHz system, not exactly the fastest kid on the block. Other software encoders can offer similar performance.

Otherwise, you'll want to look into a hardware MPEG-2 compressor ($$$).

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Feb 7, 2007 at 7:24:33 pm

Well, depends how close after the event you need your stuff. If you mean like giving things to people as they leave the building after an event, then your options are limited and it actually most likely boils down for you to have to switch to a dedicated hardware/ software combo that very much functions like a broadcast system with realtime transcoding. Certain flavors of NewTek's VideoToaster do this for instance. The big part is getting MPEG-II video. Once you have that, using Encore would not be a problem, assuming you are working on a reasonably fast system and the import goes at reasonable speed. If even that's not enough, you'll have to look into commercial archiving systems for TV stations and media agencies, but those cost real big bucks.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

video freq
on Feb 8, 2007 at 9:00:53 pm

Hi, I recommend checking out Rocketdvd from Digital media applications. They have what you are looking for. http://www.dmapp.com is the site. Good Luck

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]