FORUMS: list search recent posts

Just a small question

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Skandaless
Just a small question
on Feb 6, 2007 at 12:00:56 pm

I have just finished my first dvd and noticed that Encore added an extra chapter at the end of each timeline. When i skip through my dvd from the last scene in the timeline it goes to the extra chapter, which shows a black screen for about second, instead of going directly to (in this case )a submenu. Not that it bugs me or anything, i was just wondering weither this is standard for Encore or did i overlook some settings.

Thanx,

Stephan

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Just a small question
on Feb 6, 2007 at 1:54:46 pm

The extra chapter at the end of each timeline lets you skip from one timeline to the next using the DVD remote control. In previous versions of Encore, you had to add this chapter yourself. If the author placed it incorrectly, bad things could happen. Encore 2.0 has relieved the author of this weighty responsibility.

Whether skipping or playing back, with or without the added last chapter, there will always be a pause between timelines. It is unavoidable because of how the DVD specification requires a disc to be programmed.

The length of this pause varies from player to player, and it is almost always worse in Encore's preview than on the finished disc.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Skandaless
Re: Just a small question
on Feb 6, 2007 at 2:52:11 pm

Thanx for clearing that up, Jeff.
My guess is that you wouldn't be able to skip from the last scene at all without that marker, right? You'd just have to wait for the end action or return to the main menu, makes sense.

Stephan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]