FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD menu Resolution

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lilschass
DVD menu Resolution
on Feb 2, 2007 at 6:38:56 am

I now the basic's on how to put together a DVD. I build my menu in Photoshop using psd files, Premiere Pro for editing, AE for credits and some effects. The video usually comes out great along with the audio, even though I just saw recently in a post that someone said it was better to have your audio on a different time line then apart of your avi or video file.
My question is why my credits sometimes have a blurry look to them as well as my DVD menu. In Photoshop it looks great put when I bring it in to Encore and either burn it to a disc or preview the menu it looks like crap. I am just wondering what size, dpi, resolution people use for their menus.

How did you do that?

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: DVD menu Resolution
on Feb 2, 2007 at 7:04:37 am

[lilschass] "I am just wondering what size, dpi, resolution people use for their menus."

There is no choice in the matter: 720x480, 0.9 pixel ratio NTSC, 720x576, 1.6 ratio PAL plus the equivalent widescreen formats.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Neil Wilkes
Re: DVD menu Resolution
on Feb 5, 2007 at 2:20:01 pm

Er, 1.066 PAR for PAL!!!

Return to posts index

heavythinker
Re: DVD menu Resolution - what DPI??
on Mar 14, 2007 at 5:41:22 am

But what resolution DPI do you use? Is 300 dpi preferred or 150 or 72?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: DVD menu Resolution - what DPI??
on Mar 14, 2007 at 2:29:29 pm

There is no DPI or PPI in video. There are only pixels. For an NTSC DVD, that means there are 720 pixels in every row of the video frame, and 480 rows per frame.

The pixels are a different shape and size in a widescreen DVD than they are in a 4:3 DVD, but there are still only 720x480 pixels in the frame.

The number of pixels in a DVD video frame is the same whether you watch it on a 13" portable TV or on a 70" plasma screen. 720x480.

The terms DPI and PPI only have meaning in the print world, not in the video world.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]