FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD build failing repeatedly

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kazaam
DVD build failing repeatedly
on Feb 1, 2007 at 2:46:07 am

I have a project which has burned successfully two days ago. I had a minor change to complete, which I created and exported from Avid using Sorenson Squeeze to compress - all with the usual settings which are correct and always work.

I resaved the project as version 5 (etc when each burn didn't work). The project size is 1.78Gb. The test etc is all fine, all I have done is replace one video with the new version onto the same button.

It gets partially through the burn and then comes up with a progress message saying - cancelling build. The disc is ejected without completing the burn and a message (sometimes) pops up saying "end of file".

I am very confused - encore seems to have bugs and at times I cannot figure out what is wrong with the project to cause it to freak out - this has happened a number of times on previous projects to the point that I have just started the project again from scratch - to have it work successfully after I have done everything in the exact same way (or as far as I can tell!)

If anyone can shed any light on this mystery I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: DVD build failing repeatedly
on Feb 1, 2007 at 2:57:06 am

Are the old video and the new video different lengths - by even one frame? Does the audio track get replaced, too? Are the video and audio lengths different - again, by even one frame?

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

kazaam
on Feb 1, 2007 at 4:59:47 am

Hmmm.... i don't think so.

The audio and video are being created together - from Avid, then compressed, then imported into encore.

The difference from the version that worked to the one that didn't was adding an extra button and importing the new mpeg vid and aud as a new timeline.

mmm.... I DID copy that new timeline and connect it to another button on another page... so two different timelines were accessing the same assets... maybe that's my problem?

There may have been one frame's difference in the first version - I did notice little diagonal lines sahding the end of the audio track - but I've since replaced that with a third Avid export.

I can't understand how that would have happened in the first place as they have the same in and out points in avid?

Return to posts index

kazaam
on Feb 1, 2007 at 5:04:18 am

Scratch that - I've zoomed into the timeline completely and the audio looks to be 1 frame longer... how do I fix this? They have been taken from the same timeline in Avid.

Return to posts index

kazaam
on Feb 1, 2007 at 5:05:07 am

Ah. But looking at other timelines this is the case with all of them - timelines which didn't cause any trouble on the previous build.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Feb 1, 2007 at 1:29:48 pm

Trim the audio in all timelines that have audio longer than video.

How it happens, I think, depends on how the video transcoding was done compared to how the audio transcoding was done, and then how the file was multiplexed (to put audio and video together in th same file). If Neil Wilkes happens to read this, he may be able to shed some more light on the intricacies of audio transcoding.

If trimming the audio doesn't work, then try exporting from Sorenson as separate audio and video streams. This is the preferred format for almost any DVD authoring software, Encore included.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

kazaam
on Feb 5, 2007 at 1:00:58 am

The audio and video were already separate files - this was definately the prolem though. I realised that this was only occurring after I resaved a fuly finished version in order to make a new round of modifications - timelines whose vid/aud were fine the first time round were suddenly displaying the diagonal lines on the audio track. I solved the issue by deleting the affected audio on the timeline and re-dragging from the imported asset - the vid/aud were then synched - no diagonal lines.

Just wondering if this is a common problem in Encore - that when you make a duplicate of a finished project the timelines within change.

Thanks for your help, definately glad to figure out what was happening!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]