FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble with starting menu

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
blondie4fun
Trouble with starting menu
on Jan 28, 2007 at 9:35:28 pm

I am using Adobe Encore DVD 2.0. I burnt a movie that I imported into Encore from an .avi file and put in my menus and chapters. I burned it out and it doesn't start with the menu? It starts right with the movie. The menu tabs are there and in working order when you click menu but not if you just stick it into the DVD player..
What am I not setting right????

Return to posts index

John Rich
Re: Trouble with starting menu
on Jan 28, 2007 at 9:43:31 pm

Did it work ok when you "previewed from here" and did you set the menu as "first play"?

John Rich

JOHNR

Return to posts index

blondie4fun
on Jan 28, 2007 at 10:03:26 pm

Thanks I will double check that...I dont think I set the first play

Return to posts index

Suvanna Kyley
on Feb 4, 2007 at 1:54:16 pm

I have just be searching posts for the same issue. I have encountered the same problem. But I have set the first play to be the first menu. I can press the TOPMenu on the DVD player to see the first menu but I would prefer to see it automatically. The FirstPlay is a Photoshop image only with no sound. Any ideas?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Feb 4, 2007 at 4:26:39 pm

What DVD players have you tried (both software and hardware)? Try it on more than one if you can.

If it plays OK on some but not on others, then you may be dealing with players that don't like to have a menu as first play. In that case, add a timeline to the project with about 5 seconds of silent, black video and set that as first play. Then link the end action of the timeline to the menu.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Suvanna Kyley
on Feb 4, 2007 at 6:32:35 pm

Although I have not had a chance to test out on another dvd player, I did try your suggestion of using a blank video of 5 seconds as the first play. Unfortunately, that did not work and in fact when I pressed TopMenu it took me to my original first play rather than the blank video.

Prior to acquiring Encore, I used the Sonic DVDit that came with the older version of Premiere that I am using. Even though I created difficulty with that software, crashing and freezing, I was able with persistance to create a DVD similar to the one I have created with Encore. It worked in the DVD player. So I don't think it is the player. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Feb 4, 2007 at 9:18:47 pm

What happens when you first insert the disc?

Also, please be aware that the "TopMenu" button *should* take you to the first menu (your old first play). It's designed to go back and forth between a menu and your current playback position in the timeline, not between 2 timelines.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Suvanna Kyley
on Feb 5, 2007 at 3:16:23 am

When I place the disc in the player, I see first the JVC screen which indicates that the player is "now reading" the disc. Then the "now reading" disappears and the same JVC screen remains with a red circle with a cross through it appears in the upper left corner. Then, if I press the TopMenu button the FirstPlay, in my case the Top Menu, appears.

Suvanna..

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Feb 5, 2007 at 1:45:51 pm

It seems that the player is having trouble reading the media. Do you have a software DVD player that you can use to test the disc?

What brand of blank media are you using? Stay away from Memorex, Fuji, Sony and any that you find in the bargain bin at the local store. I recommend Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim.

I would also try slowing down your burn speed. For example, if your burner supports 16x burning, and your blank media is rated at 16x, then try burning a disc at 8x.

Buy an RW disc for testing, if you don't have one. No coasters that way.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Suvanna Kyley
on Feb 5, 2007 at 5:53:49 pm

Thanks for your quick reply.

I played the DVD on my PC and it worked as it was supposed to. Unfortunately, I am using Memorex DVD -RW. As to speed I am not quite sure. Encore gave me two choices 1X and 2X and I chose 2x. That seems a little slow but my documentation is stored away for a move. So I assume that I should try 1X.

Suvanna..

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Feb 5, 2007 at 6:25:48 pm

Buy better media.

Once the new media is inserted into the drive, see what speeds Encore offers. If it's still only 1x or 2x then, yes, try 1x. If it's higher, try a speed that is roughly half the max.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Suvanna Kyley
on Feb 7, 2007 at 12:34:41 am

I bought the Verbatim DVD -RW and retried the creation of the DVD at the 1X speed- the slowest speed. Unfortunately, the same results. The TOPMenu button will bring forward the first menu or pressing the 1 for the first track. But no automatic playing of the firstplay. I did notice that the track that displayed on the player is 12 and not 1. Is there something that sets it to 1 upon loading? Could that be the reason it does not play automatically?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]