FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion menu question

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
giorgio
Motion menu question
on Jan 25, 2007 at 10:47:03 am

Hi,
how can I set up Encore DVD 2 not to loop the audio, even if the video loops. I would like to play the entire audio, even if the video (-menue) is looped due to size issues.

Another question:
In order to keep the file sizes small, is it possible to start with a motion menu and at a certain point swap to the static (Photoshop) one?

Thanks for looking
- Giorgio

Return to posts index

Neil Wilkes
Re: Motion menu question
on Jan 25, 2007 at 1:09:31 pm

The audio will always follow the video. This behaviour cannot be changed, as in DVD-Video, the Audio is always tied to the video.
So if the video loops, the audio must also loop as well.
Space is not an issue here, as the menu is only written to the disc once and this will hold all audio & video files regardless of how often it loops.

Going from motion menu to static menu is easy too.
Just set the required number of loops, and then have the end action pointing to a static version of the motion menu.

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

giorgio
on Jan 26, 2007 at 8:25:05 am

Hi Neil,
the hint with the end action might resolve both of my requests! If I loop the motion menu only once and than swap to the real (static) menu, I could cut the song into corresponding pieces.
I will have to check if there is a remarkable pause when the menu swaps.

Thank you again,
- Giorgio

Return to posts index

Neil Wilkes
on Jan 27, 2007 at 10:36:54 am

The pause between the motion & static versions will be very close to seamless.
Additionally - I will have to go & check to be certain about this - it may also be possible to use a menu transition between the motion & the static copy.
I will check & post back.

Return to posts index

giorgio
on Jan 29, 2007 at 3:41:34 pm

Hi Neil,
i spent some work and modified my project to try the approach to swap from motion menu to static through end action. Unfortunately this is not seamless. There is a pause, visible and hearable. It does not look professional. I went back to the "workaround" to produce a long duration motion menue. If there is a possibility to "hide" this pause with a menu transition - I did not find this.

cheers
- Giorgio

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Jan 26, 2007 at 6:42:02 am

[giorgio] "Hi,
how can I set up Encore DVD 2 not to loop the audio, even if the video loops. I would like to play the entire audio, even if the video (-menue) is looped due to size issues."

You can't. Menus are the container for the audio and video streams, not the other way around. If you want the full audio, your loop has to match the full length.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

giorgio
on Jan 26, 2007 at 8:26:54 am

Danke Mylenium,
wenn ich gewusst h

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]