FORUMS: list search recent posts

Main Menu (w/audio only) stops DVD after 1st play.

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
5 Finger Productions
Main Menu (w/audio only) stops DVD after 1st play.
on Jan 24, 2007 at 9:40:24 pm

I have tried many times to add an audio track to my Main Menu. It is only a 49 second .WAV file and I want the Main Menu to stay on and loop the song over and over until someone presses a button. I have removed all overrides in the project and I have tried making a copy of the Main Menu to loop them back and forth to each other. Everything seems to not work. It will play once, maybe twice then stop the DVD completely. What can I do to make my Main Menu stay active with music attached? I am using Encore DVD 2.0 and I have a total of one Main Menu, 3 Chapter Menus and one Production Menu. I only have music playing on the Main Menu. Can someone please help me?

Todd Hanlin
5 Finger Productions

Return to posts index

typpeo
Re: Main Menu (w/audio only) stops DVD after 1st play.
on Jan 24, 2007 at 10:01:10 pm

You should be able to just do this by looping the menu.

Under Properties-Menu-Motion.... change the loop.

Return to posts index

5 Finger Productions
on Jan 24, 2007 at 11:29:09 pm

I must not understand looping or what you are telling me to do. I have the menu looping forever and it still turns off after playing once. Are you sure there is nothing else to do?

Todd Hanlin
5 Finger Productions

Return to posts index

typpeo
on Jan 25, 2007 at 1:41:12 pm

You said: "I have removed all overrides in the project and I have tried making a copy of the Main Menu to loop them back and forth to each other."

I was trying to understand if you tried to actually use the looping feature or if you were just looping it that way. Does the menu continue to play and the audio just stops? Or does the whole disk stop?

Return to posts index

5 Finger Productions
on Jan 26, 2007 at 12:05:15 am

The entire DVD just stops. I have tried setting the loop # to forever but it just doesn't seem to matter. It will play the song once or twice and stop the DVD.

Todd

Return to posts index

KirAsh4
on Jan 26, 2007 at 12:34:55 am

Sounds like something I ran into a month or so ago. Make sure ALL of your overrides have been removed. I had a stray one that caused the DVD to stop after looping once or twice. And upon hitting play again, it would instantly start playing track 1. It's an override issue.

Return to posts index

Shawn Hare
on Aug 13, 2016 at 1:23:23 am

Even though this was posted 9-odd years ago, it's super helpful for me today. As oddball and irrelevant-sounding as having a stray override in the project seems in connection with the Main Menu (and only that menu) stopping dead at the end of the audio track, it's true. I looked through every item in the project and discovered that, somehow, I ended up with an override attached to the last chapter playlist. I deleted it, and tested the MM, and it worked. Thanks so much for your post. Although I've successfully used Encore to create DVDs (and now Blu-Rays) dozens of times, I was totally frustrated in this instance. Now at least that part is taken care of :)

Return to posts index

John Rich
on Jan 25, 2007 at 3:04:42 pm

It sounds like to me that you have a still menu with a 49 second audio .wav clip to play behind it. You may have already done this but... if not, 1. Import audio clip as asset. 2. Select menu 3. Go to properties, motion 4. Take pick whip of AUDIO and run it to the audio clip in the project window 5. This should give you a still menu that plays for 49 seconds and then stops except you will set the item at the bottom of the window to forever and it should loop forever.
I don't think you have to render this before you preview, because the menu is still .
Anyway this should work properly if you "preview from here".
Let me know if it works or not.
John

JOHNR

Return to posts index

Brad Simon
Re: Main Menu (w/audio only) stops DVD after 1st play
on Oct 26, 2009 at 1:28:03 am

I ran into the same issue and it turned out to be a
"Properties > Override" issue.

I went back and set all my Overrides to "Not Set" and the audio played forever.

Hmmmm. not sure why,

(Electronic Business Cards)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]