FORUMS: list search recent posts

FAB / Picture Subtitles - Out of Memory

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Wright
FAB / Picture Subtitles - Out of Memory
on Jan 23, 2007 at 12:52:53 pm

Ok this is killing me.

I am using Encore 2 to add 5 subtitle layers to a movie already authored.

They import fine, but as soon as I add more than 2 subtitle tracks and try to render the image all I get is "OUT OF MEMORY" and it wont continue.

I managed to add subtitles in the same way this time last year except I was using encore 1.5

I even tried converting the bitmap subtitles .bmp to jpeg .jpg to save space / memory and still no luck!

Any ideas anyone?

Perhaps there is a way to save the file as 1.5 and use that to author?

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: FAB / Picture Subtitles - Out of Memory
on Jan 23, 2007 at 6:25:45 pm

[Scott Wright] "Perhaps there is a way to save the file as 1.5 and use that to author?"

No. Have you tried to reduce the color palette of the subtitles to the 4 colors that are only really relevant for the subtitles and save them as indexerd TIFs or BMPs? Your problem sounds to me like Encore is eating all the RAM because it needs to convert all the images and holds them in memory.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Scott Wright
on Jan 23, 2007 at 7:31:03 pm

I have tried converting all to 3 colour gifs and they are only like 21k each so they are tiny.

I have just purchased another 1gig of memory, totalling 3 gig now and it does the same thing. Just crashes on building the subtitles saying "out of memory"

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
on Jan 23, 2007 at 10:01:02 pm

You can have 4 colors, and my favourite is .TIFF
You want them all. White FG, black border/shadow, of course transparant and that leaves you with one level of anti aliasing, eiter between the black and white or between the black and the video.
Since the contrast between the border and the white of the title is the most visible, i prefer to place my anti-aliasing there.

I use Photoshop, in combination with the Chris Linke plugin.
Those files are less than 3 Kb, and in the correct format.

http://home.comcast.net/~c.linke/dvdsub/

When done good, they look gorgeous (well, relativily speaking)

Hope this works for you.

Bouke

http://www.videoToolShed.com
smart tools for video pro's

Return to posts index

Scott Wright
I used 1.5
on Jan 24, 2007 at 12:25:45 pm

I just had no luck getting the subs to work in Encore 2.0

Due to timescales I had to rebuild both disks in Encore 1.5 which was a real shame. I havent found anything else on line about this, so it looks like I am just unlucky, but I think I will choose another authoring system next time!

Thanks to those who posted anyway :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]