FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems creating buttons for Encore

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
LauraBryant
Problems creating buttons for Encore
on Jan 22, 2007 at 12:19:16 pm

Can anyone tell me how to create custom buttons in photoshop? I've followed the instructions in the manual and think I've used the correct prefixes for each layer, but when I take the button into Encore it comes out black and white, flat colour.

I've looked at the way the buttons in the Encore library are constructed and I think my vector masks are done correctly, it looks fine in the preview, but it won't work the way I want it to once it's in the menu in Encore.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Return to posts index

typpeo
Re: Problems creating buttons for Encore
on Jan 22, 2007 at 2:04:59 pm

Just for starters you could place a button in Encore similar to what you want yours to look like then edit it in Photoshop. Just right click on the menu and go to edit menu in Photoshop. This way you have a template to work from. I'm not really sure what you are doing wrong in PS to tell you how to fix the problem. This at least might give you a starting point.

Return to posts index

John Rich
on Jan 22, 2007 at 4:10:49 pm

Just a couple of things.
I assume when you say you take the button into Encore, you mean, when you view the menu in the monitor window using "preview from here". If that's the case, then you are seeing the layer you named with (%). That's the normal response from Encore, because that's a TV button and it will be covered with either a still or a movie depending how you set it up, because it doesn't matter what color it is.
Google "Doogs" and check tutorials on how to do buttons. Also, jmrser.com and check the color set tutorial which talks about buttons.
One other thing is that you may have to "rastorize" you shape buttons and then apply a layer mask to your video button.
John

JOHNR

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Jan 22, 2007 at 7:24:33 pm

also.. check to make certain that all layers are in the (+) button folder, i have a few tuts on my site that deals with custom made video buttons.. (http://asvideoproductions.com/doogs/downloads.htm) just copy and paste into your browser without the () brackets

I am working on how to create Aero style and picture frame buttons at the momment, i will post them to my site as soon as i have the tuts recorded..

hope this helps..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]