FORUMS: list search recent posts

chapters plus entire time line

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill McCallum
chapters plus entire time line
on Jan 19, 2007 at 4:20:27 am

I am having a terrible time combining chapter play with return to menu and all play with no return.
I'm able to make them individually and separately, but I can't seem to combine the two functions on the same disc without all play sometimes returning to the selections menu. What am I doing wrong? I have Jeff's book and it is informative, but I am missing a link in my thinking. I wish Jeff would burn a tutorial DVD with everything step by step.I'd buy it tonight.

Return to posts index

Bill McCallum
Re: chapters plus entire time line
on Jan 19, 2007 at 4:23:49 am

I forgot to say that I had 30 chapters but only 15 are in the menu.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: chapters plus entire time line
on Jan 19, 2007 at 5:12:33 am

Hi Bill,

Thanks for buying the book. I'll probably save the video tutorial for the next version of Encore.

If I understand you correctly, here is an outline of your project:

1 Main Timeline
30 chapters in the timeline.
1 Main Menu
15 buttons linking to 15 of the 30 chapters.

There are 2 likely problem areas:

1. More chapter end actions set than you want or need.
2. Overrides set for menu buttons, menu end actions, chapter end actions, timeline end actions or just about any other link you can think of.

Make sure you have a good hand-drawn flowchart of how you want the disc's navigation to work.

Make sure only the chapters that you want to play all the way to the end of the chapter and then return to the menu have end actions set. For example, if a menu button links to chapter 6, and you want chapters 6, 7 and 8 to play before returning to the menu, then *only* chapter 8 would have its end action set.

Change any and all overrides in the project to "Not Set" if they are set to anything else.

Let us know how that works out,
-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]