FORUMS: list search recent posts

Over 2 hours of video on a DVD-R for professional replication using...

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Heshie
Over 2 hours of video on a DVD-R for professional replication using...
on Jan 17, 2007 at 10:34:46 pm

I come from the dark ages of video production, I learned the craft pre-digital. I went digital in 2000 with the Adobe Premiere/Matrox 2000 system. I have a client that needs professional DVD menu designing with video that is over 2 hours long. These videos are going to be replicated in 10's of 1000's.
Can I take the existing video, lasting over 2 hours, create a menu, and burn to a DVD-R with the Matrox RT.X and Adobe Premium Studio Collection(Pro 2.0, Encore 2.0)?

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Over 2 hours of video on a DVD-R for professional replication using...
on Jan 18, 2007 at 7:09:34 am

Sure. It all hinges on your compression/ data rate. You're going to have to work with something like 4.5 Mbits/sec. Whether you export your MPEG-II from Premiere or let Encore do the transcode, is pretty much a matter of personal preference. If you have the Production Studio, just watch the tutorial DVD that comes with it to get you started.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

mgmdavao
on Jan 18, 2007 at 9:08:12 pm

Just do an iso image on Encore 2.0, not direct burn to DVD. If the resulting is image is over 4.7GB shrink it in the freeware program DVD Shrink 3.2. (Google it!) Once you have the "shrunk" iso burn the image with either Encore 2.0 or Nero. I do this all the time and I am a happy cow! Mooooooooo!

Return to posts index

djam productions
on Jan 20, 2007 at 9:36:23 am

2 hours is going to require a fair amount of compression. Since the final output is to be replicated and not duplicated, why not build for DVD 9 (dual layer)? That way you will be able to maintain a high datarate and fit everything on the disc comfortably. Deliver an iso image on HDD or have it transferred to DLT, or even burn a DVD+R DL. Personally, I wouldn't choose to master to DVD+/-R especially for such a big run.

Cheers,

Daniel

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]