COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ivan
Scroll function into DVD menu
by
on Jan 16, 2007 at 11:32:43 am

Hi,
first of all, sorry for my english.
I wonder if it's possible to create with EncoreDVD a menu with scroll possibility.
I have more than 100 pictures but I don't like to navigate forward and backwards to see them into the menu with buttons, but to scrall the pictures.
I suppose it's not possible but I accepts any suggestions ;-)

Ivan

Return to posts index

typpeo
Re: Scroll function into DVD menu
on Jan 16, 2007 at 4:14:59 pm

Encore doesn't offer scrolling menus, that would be nice if it did. The only option is to create an animated menu in After Effects that some how make it look like it's scrolling, but I think that no matter what you do you will still be using buttons to navigate back and forth.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Jan 17, 2007 at 8:17:07 am

Scrolling is not possible. This kind of stuff is not supported by the DVD specs. Either build an entirely auto-animating scroll in After Effects or build 100 menus with auto action and small scrolling transitions between them.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Ivan
by
on Jan 17, 2007 at 10:27:34 am

Hi typpeo and hi Mylenium

many thanks for your feedbacks.
I also had the idea to insert into Encore a flash file with a scroll function but I think that my fantasy is going beyond the makeble.

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Jan 17, 2007 at 11:59:05 am

It can be done using multiple menus and the auto activating feature of Encore, however if you have loads of pics then it will be a navigation nightmare to get it all set up and working... you have to ask yourself.. "is it really worth the hassle"
Adam Kampia recorded a few tutorials on how to do all of this.. Hope these help

Scrolling Demo (http://www.absolutevideosolutions.com/videosamples/scrollingmenudemo.wmv)

Tutorial Part-1 (http://www.absolutevideosolutions.com/videosamples/scrollingmenutut1.wmv)

Tutorial Part-2 (http://www.absolutevideosolutions.com/videosamples/scrollingmenutut2.wmv)

Return to posts index

Ivan
by
on Jan 17, 2007 at 3:47:16 pm

Hi David

thank you for the help.
The exemple of absolutevideosolutions looks nice but it's not really that what I'm looking for.

I'm trying to find out, how to (if ever possible) create a DVD menu where it is possible to scroll like into any tools just by pressing (and not clicking) on the scrollbutton (usually seen as arrows).
With flash it is possible to create fotoalbum with scrolling function but Encore did not accept a flash file like that.
I've never seen into DVD's something like that before. Probably because it's not possible to realize.

Ivan

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Jan 17, 2007 at 6:43:11 pm

[Ivan] "I've never seen into DVD's something like that before. Probably because it's not possible to realize."

Yepp, exactly. Anything that is not specified in the DVD (video) specs, cannot be done. Simple as that. You have to live with those limitations and make the best of it.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]