Encore 1.5 Hangs After Transcode

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nate
Encore 1.5 Hangs After Transcode
by
on Jan 12, 2007 at 4:13:04 am

Hey everyone,

Here's the deal: I've got an hour-long, uncompressed AVI (video and audio) in a timeline with 20 chapters and nothing else. No menus, no slideshows--just the one timeline set as first play. I've got automatic transcoding on for the AVI and choose File > Build DVD > Make DVD Disc... I check the project, get one error with the end action for the one timeline not being set even though it is (just a bug in Encore), I click "Build" and Encore goes to work transcoding. About an hour-and-a-half later I come back and Encore is not responding. I kill it but find that the complete transcoded (.m2v) file exists and is fine.

The problem: Encore doesn't recognize the transcoded file and just wants to transcode again every time I try to build the DVD. What the heck? Is it an audio issue? I've done this twice and the exact same thing happens both times. I've burned DVD's with Encore before with complex menu systems and a dozen or so different AVI's, but never had this problem.

Any help? Is there a way I can tell Encore where the transcoded file is, or...? Thanks in advance.

Nate

Return to posts index

Nate
Re: Encore 1.5 Hangs After Transcode
by
on Jan 12, 2007 at 6:45:57 am

UPDATE: The .m2v file actually is *not* complete--it's got everything but about the last five seconds. Oh, and no audio either (I assumed it was normal for audio and video to be transcoded separately, but maybe I'm wrong?).

So, the question is: Why would Encore not like the last few seconds of my video? I am thoroughly perplexed.

Nate

Return to posts index

Nate
Re: Encore 1.5 Hangs After Transcode
by
on Jan 12, 2007 at 8:07:38 pm

Okay, it worked on my fourth try. For those interested, I actually did three things, so I'm not sure which one fixed it (I know, rather unscientific of me, but I did it for time's sake). I 1) did a fresh boot of my computer, 2) installed the 1.5.1 update (I was using 1.5.0), and 3) trimmed a couple of seconds off the end of the video that was just black (I doubt that had anything to do with it).

Nate

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]